Hot or Not? Fender Telebration Modern Thinline Telecaster

mosiddiqi

The Curry Master
Staff member
Sounds really good to me, and I don't even like Tele's :embarrassed:

This is the Fender Telebration Modern Thinline Telecaster, a double-bound, semi-hollow stunner from Fender's Tele-bration lineup. This guitar is based on the 90's incarnation of the Thinline Tele, but with some modern refinements aimed at the player. The light, resonant ash body features the distinctive Thinline F-Hole, and is finished in Olympic White with brown shell double binding, accented by a 4-ply tortoise shell pickguard. The Maple "C" neck is finished in gloss urethane on front and satin on back, with a 9.5" fretboard radius and medium jumbo frets, combining a vintage aesthetic with smooth, modern playability. That fat, yet spanky, Thinline tone is in full
effect with a set of American Tele single coils, married to Fender's No-Load Delta Tone Control and a 3-way switching. Other modern touches include staggered tuners, a New American Standard bridge, Bi-Flex Truss Rod system, and a 60th Anniversary neckplate with Micro-Tilt, for a Tele that plays
almost as good as it looks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks cool. But I have GAS for a thinline with TV jones PUPS or similar. This one sounds too much like a regular tele to me.

Looks cool. But I have GAS for a thinline with TV jones PUPS or similar.

You too, eh?

PS: Needs a 4-way switch.
Andy makes every guitar/amp sound great. All finger picking with no pick, either.

Last edited:
I'd love another Thinline tele (I sold mine about 10 years ago) but the TV Jones bit has bit me, too :embarrassed:

The Douglas Gravity has been getting some pretty good reviews at about ten percent of the cost of the Tele. That's a lot of mod money.
gravityntwh5.jpg

Last edited:
I'd love another Thinline tele (I sold mine about 10 years ago) but the TV Jones bit has bit me, too :embarrassed:

I am thinking of doing the swappable dunlop pickup thing with a TV Jones in the neck of my CVC tele. Not a thinline, but still. I would probably put it in a tort guard.

Back