Fender Frontman Question

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
So I have settled on this as the amp to use. I see it has a jack for a foot pedal. Would that turn the Drive Select on and off? I find that the Drive works for a couple of my songs but I'd rather not go to the amp to turn it on and off if I can help it. (I am so new at this amp thing. :embarrassed:ops:)

I have that amp Gary. It does switch from the distorted channel to the non distorted channel. I just bought some cheap one button -quarter inch cabled footswitch and it does a great job.

Yeah, the switch does a great job. Chances are, however, that I will not really be playing much electric guitar. I am about to be carrying 3 acoustics to each gig and don't really need an electric for performances.

You need one of these:

iu

I have plenty guitars, I just need a roadie. :grin:

In reality, I am an acoustic player, and all of my songs have been written for acoustic. There are a few that could be done on the electric, but it isn't worth bringing all the extra equipment.

I have plenty guitars, I just need a roadie. :grin:
To be honest, if I could get the guts of a Variax JTV89F and install them in something with a Floyd Rose I'd build two or three of them and I'd be set with every darn sound and tuning I'd ever need. I have a Variax 500 that I use a lot, but I do tend to love my non-recessed Floyd Roses. LOL

I imagine as a non-trem user you'd even like this guy. Same thing but in an LP-type body and a wraparound bridge.

line-6-jtv-59-black.jpg

Back