Fender EL84 vs. Peavey EL84.

12" Jensen vs. 15" Blue Marvel.

Reverb vs. Reverb and Trem.

No effects loop vs. effects loop.

15W vs. 30W.

MIM vs. MIA.

Same price within 20 bucks.

GO!

I have owned both. I would probably lean towards the NOS Blues Jr. Neither were keepers to me. I prefer the AC15 over either of them.

I like the Blues Jr myself, have owned a couple, would own another if a good deal presented itself. Never tried the Peavey but have heard good things about it. I like my peavey classic 2x12, if that's any help.

Seems to me the Peavey would be a bit swampier sounding. Pick whichever sound you like better. I would probably pick the peavey.

Dude..not about you..what does your paying audience hear? Give us two comps from the front to decide.

Having played the BJNOS yesterday (was not terribly impressed, but not bad), and coming to my senses to not drive 60 miles to try out the DB as I really am not going to be able to use it to its full potential, I have decided: neither.

Having played the BJNOS yesterday (was not terribly impressed, but not bad), and coming to my senses to not drive 60 miles to try out the DB as I really am not going to be able to use it to its full potential, I have decided: neither.

You may want to edit your post. I read that you played BANJOS. Just sayin'.

The Peavey is pretty much the same circuit as the Classic 30, just with added trem. It has a MV lead circuit that's good but a little generic. With the 15", it's a loud amp and bit thumpy...big bottom end, good top end, less mid-range (Blue Marvel is a popular steel guitar and surf speaker).

Back