Favorite Pedal Demo guy(s) or gal?

Dogsinplastic

avuncular to no one
I've been digging That Pedal Show, but they have yet to demo some the pedals I'm most interested in acquiring. Bollinger from Premier Guitar does a nice job giving you an idea of the flavor of the pedals that he demos. Andy from Pro Guitar Shop seems to go the most in depth as far as dialing up sounds in his demos. That he uses the pedals to replicate the sounds in popular songs helps provide a bit more context, but some of the magic of pedals is just messing around and seeing what it can do.

Chapman and Lee do some good stuff. They and the Mick and Dan (?) have a good set up wherein one can play and the other can just mess with the pedal, which is somewhat ideal to get a better view of many of the tonal possibilities. The issue with the duos (especially the Anderton's guys), is that spend a lot of time looking at overdrives, distortions, fuzzes, dirt and/or use an dirty or overdriven tone to do most of their demoing of modulation, delay, and non-dirt boxes. I like a more balanced demo that gets into the clean tones as well (obviously not when it's a dirt box).

I can't say I have a favorite, as I like the folks and some others for sounds. There are guys like shnobel that do great demos for hearing the pedal, but without the showmanship. Some folks make the pedals sound bad tonally even while showing the pedal's versatility..."good" tone is so danged subjective.

Yeah, there are probably threads that have covered this, but who's got the time or motivation do actually search for stuff? Right?

Knobs has to be #1.

Then probably Andy.

Then the one-time Prymaxe guy, who now does them for Andy, who's name I can't remember.

Then Chappers and the Captain.

EytschPi/Henning Pauly

Yeah he talks too much but he's extremely in-depth and entertaining. He also shows you where to skip to if you want to get to a certain part of the video.

He's getting a signature guitar as well that looks pretty sweet. At least the sweetest Harley Benton I've ever seen.

Andy from PGS and Brett Kingman

Andy, like Pete Thorn, makes everything he plays sound really good. Those videos should come with a warning at the bottom that you probably wont sound as good with the pedal :wink:

Kingman talks a little much for me and I don't generally like he demos of pedals w/ gain. But that just me. His vids seem good otherwise.

Andy is my top one. I really like that he starts the clips off using the effect in a well known song so you have a starting point for the effect.

Chad. He always demos pedals and then sells them. He's like the Mystixboi of pedals, as noted by his member title.

He named his dick after Mystixboi too?

Andy's (PSG) videos can be downright inspiring. He does some cool riff videos too where he'll break down a song into sections and do a mini-lesson.

Back