Fashion Jam : Am I the only forumite who doesn't wear jeans ?

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
I own two pairs but in the last 6 years I think I've only worn them maybe 4 times. I just find them uncomfortable (one is classic 501 and the other is a "regular straight cut" with a bit of stretch material.

I pretty much exclusively wear Dickies 874 nowadays both the .original and the Flex version. i wear em for work and casual. At first they are legendarily stiff but after a long salt water soak and /or 8-10 washes they are the best thing ever...look good, tough as can be (a reason they are favorites of skaters) and they are the most comfortable ever plus they are cool enough in AZ summer heat and they dry super quick. In fact my only other pants are some hiking/climbing ones that have a gusset contruction but the dickies are even more comfy and just as easy to sit, squat, stretch, etc without being a vice on yer balls

I also find denim boring

so who is with me or am I an Island : who else hates denim jeans *spits*

i just bought some jeans that are already relic'd hahaha. full on yuppy status like 15 years after the trend.

i also have a different pair that have that stretch fabric in them. they are comfy.

jeans and a t shirt are pretty standard for me, maybe a flannel or hoody when it gets cool.

Regular old jeans are kinda meh.

I recently got a pair of MC jeans that are slim filt but made with cordura denim w/ some stretchy coolmax action and dang if they aren't the best fitting and most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. I'm on the hunt for something similar in a regular/non-MC specific jean.

Regular old jeans are kinda meh.

I recently got a pair of MC jeans that are slim filt but made with cordura denim w/ some stretchy coolmax action and dang if they aren't the best fitting and most comfortable jeans I've ever worn. I'm on the hunt for something similar in a regular/non-MC specific jean.
MC??

i like Levi's Signature Slim Fit S37. they have stretchy in them and are super comfortable, and the legs taper from knee to ankle, which i like.

I too was at a point where I only had two pairs of Jeans.... and then I lost nearly 50 pounds and a bunch of stuff that I couldn't wear suddenly fit again... so now I have several pair and some I can wear if I cinch my belt tight enough. I hate light light blue jeans... and only wear black jeans on stage. :helper:

The one pant I refuse to wear are khakis.... and pretty much any polo shirt that isn't an under-armor or similar shirt for golfing. Beyond that... I spent too many years in oppressive jobs and refuse to wear the uniform of the cube gophers and "how can I help you" masses. Black dress pants and oxford shirts are my work wear of choice.... and it damned well better be a wedding or a funeral if you expect me to wear a tie for more than an hour. Otherwise you can hang yourself with your fucking white collar noose. :baimun:

Not that this conversation has me triggered or anything... :embarrassed:

i've never heard of "motorcycle jeans".
what makes them different than other jeans?

CE rated protection:
Primary textile is cordura for abrasion resistance
Kevlar lining in high abrasion areas
Removable viscoelastic armor in the knees and hips

CE rated protection:
oh...you mean like Motocross pants??

edit: i found them on amazon. pricey!!

From about mid-October through May I wear almost exclusively jeans. As soon as the weather heats up it's linen or shorts.

I am a bit of an odd ball size wise (32/33) so it is very hard for me to find anything that fits particularly well. Everlane make denim that does fit me really well, but their prices recently bumped up to over $80 a pair so I may start looking elsewhere. Or waiting for a sale.

I used to wear them all the time, but some time ago (maybe 10 years) I just stopped and after a while, I realized I didn't like them any more. They are hot and uncomfortable in this climate.

On the other hand, the ones with rivets on them are great for putting scratches on your guitars, if you are into the relic thing. :ack:

I don’t normally wear jeans because I frankly got tired of the look and the last few years have been sort of blah for men’s fashion and some of the denim silhouettes have not been my thing. I kinda prefer to wear an all purpose uniform and jeans (pre Covid) weren’t on the workwear menu. So I wear gray chinos and a dark sweater most days. In the summer, I’ll wear a button up or tee shirt instead.

I’m not generally a fan of stretch and flex fabric/construction in garments but that sort of thing is all but ubiquitous. Leads to a lot of poor fit and fading. But for casual wear, it’s damned difficult to find something you like the cut/style of AND that hasn’t got some added stretch.

Last edited:
oh...you mean like Motocross pants??

edit: i found them on amazon. pricey!!

nah...motorcross pants are typically made from polyester and nylon, you wear any armor or padding as a separate unit under the pants, and they're not made to slide down an asphalt road surface. Street protective gear is about impact on hard surfaces and abrasion resistance to prevent road rash.

For off road riding I do wear motorcross pants, as they don't really snag on brush, with knee braces/pads underneath to keep my knees from getting any more wrecked by banging into things.

Black dress pants and oxford shirts are my work wear of choice.... and it damned well better be a wedding or a funeral if you expect me to wear a tie for more than an hour. Otherwise you can hang yourself with your fucking white collar noose. :baimun:
Not that this conversation has me triggered or anything... :embarrassed:

How do you manage black with long haired cats around? I live in black t-shirts and they end up with cat hair all over them.

I don't wear jeans much in summer, but I have worn them all of my life and I won't stop now. I generally wear chino pants in the summer and for "dressier" occasions. I have no qualms about wearing ties and have a bunch of bow ties and a nice collection of Jerry Garcia neckties. I generally wear a tie for class and speaking engagements.

One of my favorite looks is a button down shirt with a Jerry tie, a pair of jeans, and a sport coat.

Reactions: CST
Im with Gary. Got plenty of jeans but most of em are pretty old and faded and they only get worn in the winter. In hot weather if I wear long pants at all its some variation of chinos. Worn out ones from my office days and a couple pair in decent shape if I have to "dress up".

Also wear overalls quite a bit, esp in cooler weather, and I like them for the Harley. Even in the summer they are more comfy than jeans due to the loose fit. Have two pair that are really old and soft and broken in.

My fav pants are a couple of Kulls I bough a 2-3 years ago. More comfortable than denim but still pretty heavy duty, they hold up to washing very well, and are reinforced at strategic places. Expensive but comfortable and they are holding up extremely well.

I have one pair of Dickies but never liked them too stiff even after several washings. Gonna try the salt water soak trick, thanks for the tip!

Since Covid, I usually just wear pajama bottoms or shorts around the house, or sweats in the winter. Only put on some real pants to go to the grocery store and such.

Last edited:
CE rated protection:

I have a couple pairs of riding jeans but I find them too hot in the summertime so they rarely get worn. I just wear my Kulls, overalls, or even chinos and take it easy. So far I've been lucky and I realize its not smart. Usually wear a 3/4 helmet as well for the same reason, comfort. Living dangerously but I try to be very cautious on the bike and not take undue chances.

Back