Fano RB6 Thinline in Silvertone Burst

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://rebel-guitars.com/fano-rb6-thinline-in-silvertone-burst/

Fano-RB6-SilvertoneBurst-1.jpg

The Fano Alt de Facto RB6 Thinline is one of the latest and coolest models yet from Premier Builders Guild. The RB6 Thinline is a limited run for 2014 and this one features a 1/4″ Curly Maple Top painted in Silvertone Burst with a checkerboard bound top, a Mahogany body and neck, and a Lollar Firebird neck and Lollar 52 Tele bridge pickups.

Fano-RB6-Thinline-935.jpg

• Model: RB6 Thinline
  • Construction: Bolt-On
  • Body: Mahogany
  • Top: 1/4″ Curly Maple w/ Checkerboard Binding
  • Neck: Mahogany
  • Neck Shape: Late 50′s Round Back
  • Fretboard: Rosewood
  • Inlays: Dots
  • Radius: 10″-16″
  • Scale: 24 3/4″
  • Frets: Jescar 6105
  • Nut: 1.687″ Graphtech Tusq
  • Tuners: Gotoh Kluson
  • Bridge: Tele w/ Compensated Brass Saddles
  • Pickups: Lollar Firebird, Lollar 52 Tele
  • Controls: Volume, Tone, Bass, 3-Way
  • Knobs: White Strat
  • Hardware: Aged Nickel
  • Color: Silvertone Burst
  • Distressing: Light
  • Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
  • Weight: 6lbs 6oz
  • Case: G&G
$4500.00 + Shipping

I think its a pretty neat guitar...the Silvertone finish especially. I don't think I've ever seen that on anything other than Masonite.

Why put that finish on it if you're only going to destroy it by doing a stupid relic job??
Charie+Brown+Pumpkin+GIF+2.gif

I'm a fan of this profile, one of two Rickenbacker shapes I actually like. I really dig the electronic set-up as well.

That said, I don't like the finish (relic-ed or new), the headstock is unnecessarily large, prefer 25 - 25.5 scale, and it costs too much for me. There are quite a few far nicer RB6 guitars.

When I saw "Silvertone Burst" in the title, I expected to se a silver guitar. I'm not a fan of the red burst with silver glitter, and I will admit that it's just my own preference. I prefer 2 tone sunburst without the red, to a 3 tone sunburst finish. If I want red, I'm just all in - no burst at all (but a see through woodgrain works well).

I'd like to play one some time. I've seen a few that I liked the looks of.

They do have a way of making an expensive guitar look like a cheap guitar.

*rubbing hands together* Oooooohhhhhhhhhh....AAAAHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh...yesssss...YEESSSSSSSssssssssssss.....!!!

Calvin.JPG

husqvarna.jpg

660-wood-chipper-large.jpg

images

flushing_toilet.jpg

Back