Mojo Request Facebook banned me for 24 hours

I am surprised at how many are bashing FB for what others have done to you or for content that you find repulsive. I only say that because you have to look at the advantages of Social Media especially if you play music, have gigs and want to promote yourself or your band. The world of FB can help those who use it properly as well as hurt you if you abuse it. I have gotten gigs and have made many music connections through FB. I control my own destiny on it so will continue to use it the way that I want to.

Try to note that I have many friends on FB. If I do not like their comments, I can hide the thread down so that I will never see it again. If it is somebody who posts things that you do not like, unfriend, unfollow and/or block them. You do see the true colors as many hide behind a keyboard with their opinions. No different here or on any forum. Heck here at MWGL, many are faceless and have Aliases to protect their identity. While others will expose their identity as they promote what they and experience day to day, week to week. Regarding Spam - Telemarketers on my phone get blocked. Anyway I agree that Facebook isn't for everyone but there should be no reason to bash it. Use it for what it is worth. If it is worthless to you, don't use it.

I am surprised at how many are bashing FB for what others have done to you or for content that you find repulsive. I only say that because you have to look at the advantages of Social Media especially if you play music, have gigs and want to promote yourself or your band. The world of FB can help those who use it properly as well as hurt you if you abuse it. I have gotten gigs and have made many music connections through FB. I control my own destiny on it so will continue to use it the way that I want to.

Try to note that I have many friends on FB. If I do not like their comments, I can hide the thread down so that I will never see it again. If it is somebody who posts things that you do not like, unfriend, unfollow and/or block them. You do see the true colors as many hide behind a keyboard with their opinions. No different here or on any forum. Heck here at MWGL, many are faceless and have Aliases to protect their identity. While others will expose their identity as they promote what they and experience day to day, week to week. Regarding Spam - Telemarketers on my phone get blocked. Anyway I agree that Facebook isn't for everyone but there should be no reason to bash it. Use it for what it is worth. If it is worthless to you, don't use it.

That's way too rational, Randy.

Honestly, I haven't missed it. I deleted it from my phone. It was kind of nice to be without it today.

They banned me because an article, written by a trans activist, used the word "Tranny" in the title. That's considered a slur on par with the 'N' word. Here is the article. https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/6/21/you-should-never-go-full-tranny

Tomorrow I'll disconnect my FB from my Twitter account. I'm much more vulgar on Twitter. This is also a good time to taper back my FB use.

If you want to follow me on Twitter, I'm @PunkKitty312. There you will get the full brunt of my sarcasm, cynicism, and general pissiness.

Honestly, I haven't missed it. I deleted it from my phone. It was kind of nice to be without it today.

They banned me because an article, written by a trans activist, used the word "Tranny" in the title. That's considered a slur on par with the 'N' word. Here is the article. https://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/6/21/you-should-never-go-full-tranny

Tomorrow I'll disconnect my FB from my Twitter account. I'm much more vulgar on Twitter. This is also a good time to taper back my FB use.

If you want to follow me on Twitter, I'm @PunkKitty312. There you will get the full brunt of my sarcasm, cynicism, and general pissiness.

"Sarcasm, Cynicism, and General Pissiness" sounds like an unreleased Sex Pistols album.

I never realized that "tranny" had taken on or become classified as such a slur. I recently learned TERF and found that the TERFs really hate being called TERFs, I guess mostly because the truth doth throbeth with sharp pain and such.

I never realized that "tranny" had taken on or become classified as such a slur. I recently learned TERF and found that the TERFs really hate being called TERFs, I guess mostly because the truth doth throbeth with sharp pain and such.
Tranny is a slur. TERF (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist) is descriptive.

Apparently I was banned from even signing in for 24 hours. I can now sign in. But I'm still banned from posting for another 24 hours. Fuck you, Facebook.

Tranny is a slur. TERF (Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist) is descriptive.

Yes, but TERFs think that TERF is a slur. That's the complication with offense...it depends upon who is the receiver and upon who is offended. The people who don't want anyone to be offended have a huge task ahead of them until eventually, we all have name tags like Wal Mart employees and can only be addressed by the name on the tag in a moderate volume (what about the hard of hearing?) and a non-aggressive tone.

I have the on/off switch for vulgar language yet some people who are 70 may laugh heartily at raunch, others are offended by the word "shit".

Tightrope.

Somehow, this seems related: I know someone who was bragging about how this pizza guy said "oh you are pretty" when he delivered pizza to her place. She called up the owner of the business and told him how offended that she was, how she felt threatened that pizza guy knows where she lives and on and on. She was bragging about how she got him fired. She was offended by a pizza delivery dude saying "you are pretty". Yet she was on P lenty Of F ish dating guys and giving out B.J.s like she had a monthly quota.

Back