Elliott Limited Edition Tone Master

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Elliott Limited Edition Tone Master

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/newarrivals-guitars/6296-elliott-limited-edition-tone-master
Elliott-Tone-Master-7-13-Ld.png
DESCRIPTION:
A one-of-a-kind custom color Elliott Tone Master with absolutely glorious tone that shines just like its head spinning cardinal red finish. Along with its custom painted pickguard and Super Vee Tremolo system, this Tone Master is a truly unique creation from the masterful hands of Andy Elliott. This is one of the most expressive and beautiful sounding guitars we’ve been fortunate enough to play.
WOOD SELECTION
The wood is selected first and has to meet certain size and grain characteristics to assure all bodies are glued in the same manner; with an offset glue joint at the bottom bout of the guitar. This maintains consistency from one guitar to the next. The upper bout is contoured for a very comfortable feel. The species of wood used for this guitar is alder.
NECK
The neck is a lap sawn, maple neck with an Indian rosewood fingerboard; traditional clay marking dots, and custom side dots. The neck has a nitro finish.
FRETTING
The fretting process is done through epoxy fretting. This process is used for multiple reasons. One of the advantages to this type of fretting is that you lose the hollow gaps under the fret that you find with the traditional way of fretting. In traditional fretting, with each fret you put on, it is like driving a wedge into the fingerboard, which causes back tension on the neck. With epoxy fretting, all of these issues are eliminated. The epoxy under the frets helps to transfer string vibration throughout the neck to the body, and relieves all stress and tension on the neck that occurs with traditional fretting. This results in a stress-free neck, which allows the truss rod to work properly and to adjust the neck accurately.
PICKUPS
The pickups are custom wound to Peter Elliott's specifications. They are very similar to Gibson's P-90s from the mid to late 1950s, with alnico magnets. These pickups are wound on a Jazzmaster bobbin, which creates a really neat sound. The wiring of the pickups is different from that of a Jazzmaster. There are two 500k pots, a Plessey .022 cap. Jazz circuit switch, allowing more tone dimension than a typical Jazzmaster.
BRIDGE
Super Vee Blade Runner Tremolo!
SPECS:
- 9.5 radius, mid-sixties c-shape neck
- 25.5 inch scale
- Cardinal Red Candy finish, marble sides, metallic gold pinstripe
- Hand-painted pickguard
- Super Vee Blade Runner tremolo system
- 3-way toggle switch, 2x 500K pots, Plessey .022 cap., jazz circuit switch
- Gotoh Kluson-style vintage locking keys
PRICING:
- $4550.00

• [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]
    [*=center]

Sounds like a great guitar, but I just can't get past the color. I've also never been a fan of the matching color headstock. Again, I'm not saying it's not a great guitar, but in that color, it's not a $4550 guitar . . . for me.

Looks nice. I'd bet that it's a great guitar. I'm not sure any guitar could be worth that much cash to me, though it surely would be to someone else.

Yeah, I read the descriptive bullshit of the carefully-chosen this and lap-sawn that and blah blah blah. It basically is still a ripped-off design at about 3x the price.

F'EITMF.

im so over the way overpriced Fender rip offs.

that would be a nice $500 guitar.

The fretting process is done through epoxy fretting. This process is used for multiple reasons. One1 of the advantages to this type of fretting is that you lose the hollow gaps under the fret that you find with the traditional way of fretting. In traditional fretting, with each fret you put on, it is like driving a wedge into the fingerboard, which causes 2 back tension on the neck. With epoxy fretting, all of these issues are eliminated. The epoxy under the frets helps to transfer string vibration throughout the neck to the body, and relieves all stress and tension on the neck that occurs with traditional fretting. This results in a stress-free neck, which allows the truss rod to work properly and to adjust the neck accurately.

all 2 issues that dont even make sense adds up to multiples?

Last edited:
Back