Eady EG Pro-1

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
http://www.destroyallguitars.com/component/hikashop/item/1097-eady-eg-pro-1

$4,250.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
For those of you looking to capture the finest elements and the all the positive aspects of the tone and playability of a great vintage Les Paul style guitar, the Eady EG Pro-1 is one of the most affordable guitars to fill such a tall order and deliver so graciously and generously in each and every critical area of design and build. This is the very reason why Matt Eady has been embraced and welcomed by the Destroy All Guitars collective. There is no mistaking the role Matt plays nor the sonic footprint and place that his magnificent guitars occupy in the scheme of things related to classic guitar tone.

The original concept for the EG Pro-1 was to create an elegant, high quality guitar with the finest materials available.

The EG Pro-1 offers a one piece, hand selected, genuine Honduran mahogany body and neck with a select maple top, dual carbon fibre reinforcement in the necks and a nitrocellulose lacquer finish with quality machined parts. The construction of the EG Pro-1 results in a guitar with incredible sustain and stability, yet it is lightweight and has a wide range of tonal flavours, each with distinct character. Matt applies a nitrocellulose lacquer finish with the same techniques used in the 1950s. This technique allows the finishes to be thin, flexible and most importantly allows the wood to breath and cure throughout the lifetime of the instrument while bringing out the natural beauty in each piece of wood. The EG Pro-1 comes with quality machined tuners and bridges with Arcane pickups. The finishing touches on the final setup allow for effortless playing with precise string spacing and height as well as a high attention to detail on the quality of fret work and fingerboard prep for a superior playing surface. After a final polish and full inspection, the guitar is packed in a custom G&G Eady Guitars case.

All necks come standard with double action truss rod and dual carbon fibre reinforcement rods.

SPECS:
- Body: flat-top, solid body, double cutaway
- 13" lower bout, 1 3/4" body depth
- Top: select flame maple top
- Back: one piece, genuine Honduran mahogany
- Binding: cream plastic body and neck
- Neck: one piece, genuine Honduran mahogany
- Ebony face plate with MOP inlay
- Fingerboard: select ebony with 12" radius
- Nut: 1 11/16", aged bone

- Scale length: 25"
- Frets: 22
- Bridge: MannMade trem
- Pickups: Arcane humbuckers
- Tuners: Schaller locking mini M6 with ebony buttons
- Finish: gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Strings: pure nickel (.010 – .046)
- Case: custom embroidered OEM G&G case

PRICING INFO:
- $4,250.00

Sort of a yawner -- another PRS clone at a price that doesn't set it apart from the crowd. Nothing wrong with it, but I'd prefer one of these at less than half the price:

ntgxbnpakixyxhrwvv8q.jpg

Reactions: wok
If I want a PRS style, I came get it for a somewhere in the $2k's. I guess I'd need a lot more convincing that this is $2k better.

If I want a PRS style, I came get it for a somewhere in the $2k's. I guess I'd need a lot more convincing that this is $2k better.
It's not $2K better than a comparably-built PRS, but it's still cool.

ETA: Looks like a new Custom 22 with a 10 top starts around $3600, so I guess the price isn't that far off. I don't think that the additional cash is too much of a difference for the extra attention afforded in a small shop, but of course that's only if you're in the market for a 4K+ guitar, which most of us are not...agreed that you could certainly find a similarly-built guitar for much less.

Last edited:
The neck pup being so close to the edge of the body....makes the whole look flimsy.

Back