Dudes who play Strats. Part 1

I am the Lead master :grin:

I've probably owned 10 to 15 of them over the years.

Are you Roger Miller? He was the only guy I knew of that played those until today.

rogerlaburmai.jpg

Ok, I am going to post one more that may be controversial. I know a lot of folks here don't like this guy at all, but I think he has talent, and has written some pretty good tunes that I have enjoyed, particularly in the mid-00's when he was doing trio stuff.

Pop tune I like

Go ahead. Hate on the guitar face. :wink: I cannot play make my strat sound like that.

Last edited:
Because humbuckers on Strats are blasphemy. Really, no Fender should have humbuckers, with the exception of the Robben Ford model. The classic Strat tone is the single coils and the 2/4 quack that Hiar hates so much.
Again, I disagree with the "purists". Leo hot rodded and swapped out parts repeatedly and made his guitars so others could as well. Plus fender sells with one or two humbuckers. So this attitude that a strata caster can be only a certain thing is really in my mind useless. Plus Fender owns the name anyway so I guess they can call the shots, and include their HSS and HH strats. You, of course, are entitled to your opinion. But Fender does not share it. Viva la difference!!

Last edited:
Ok, I am going to post one more that may be controversial. I know a lot of folks here don't like this guy at all, but I think he has talent, and has written some pretty good tunes that I have enjoyed, particularly in the mid-00's when he was doing trio stuff.

Pop tune I like

Go ahead. Hate on the guitar face. :wink: I cannot play make my strat sound like that.

Yeah, he gets a lot of hate...and although I'm not any kind of regular listener to his music, he's no doubt crazy talented...

Back