Dry heat Plumbing question

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
a weird one.....

Starting Thursday of this week ( three days ago) I started to notice dampness in one spot somewhat near the outside water spigot. There is also the drain cleanout in this area. My place has a crawl space underneath so I pulled the trap door which is located in my bedroom closet and used a powerful flashlight.....didn't notice anything unusual. it looked dry and dusty except a tine bit of dampness near where the water spigot would be but I think that is just from the the outside spot and is spreading rather than being the source.
In the middle of the brick area is where the drain clean out is located. The black tube is a stupid sprinkle tube the landlady put in about two years ago and in the second pic lower right you can see a bit of green garden hose, that's where the outdoor spigot is.

here is the weird part though it ONLY shows the wet ground starting sometime after 11 pm and then it's dry when I come home for lunch. I take a shower m-f about 6:45 am and then again at about 6 pm. I don't run a dishwasher, no laundry till the weekend, etc. So the biggest water use would be the showers. The toilet was last used at maybe 11 pm last night right before I checked on the spot which at that time was dry....so basically all the damp ground you see formed between say 11;30 and 4 am....wtf :cvonfused: any ideas other than bigfoot peeing out of his spacecraft or a chupacabre or something ?

:edit: also I unhooked the sprinkler thinga majig Friday morning that the landlady hooked up to rule that out. also I believe Peen is back in Chicago so I don't think he's playing tricks on or anything either ( He honestly probably doesn't even know how to turn on a faucet anyway)

FEE8BF77-00BC-4CFC-8908-F79A9D1BA776_1_105_c.jpeg

IMG_0612 2.jpeg

It only being damp between those times would correlate with when it's coolest/most humid (and dark) so the moisture coming out from a slow leak wouldn't evaporate, no? (during the day it could still be leaking at the same slow rate but evaporating?)

It only being damp between those times would correlate with when it's coolest/most humid (and dark) so the moisture coming out from a slow leak wouldn't evaporate, no? (during the day it could still be leaking at the same slow rate but evaporating?)
I was kinda thinking something similar. We have had lots of rain over the last couple months in fact I just checked and it says we've had 4.24 inches so far this year and it only had January total but showed 1.77 inches ( normal it said was .84) so for us that's a lot.
Wonder if that has anything to do with it. I notified my land lady and she's coming next week. She thinks it might be the clean out pipe? I do know about 7 years ago there was a leak but it was an inlet main pipe under the house ( i saw it and heard it) and the guy replaced pipes all the way out to the alley. he was a independent contractor type plumber but all the work I saw he did was exceptionally clean ( like the pipes in the laundry room are all done with lots of attention to detail such as very clean solder joints , etc) so I would be doubtfull something failed but who knows.

I'll post updates. It does seem like if it was a pressure leak though that it would still be somewhat damp during the day because we aren't in the dry desert stuff quite yet, been 80 the last couple days but nights have been in the 40's although it was only 54 this morning.

Back