Does anyone else nuke their corn-on-the-cob?

Jbird

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Leave the husk on, and nuke it for 4:embarrassed:0

Turns out great every time, and you don't have to boil a big pot of water :)

I'm not sure about multiple ears though, probably add a bit more time :embarrassed:

I wrap it in wet paper towels and microwave it on high for 5 minutes. It's perfect every time.

NO NO NO..... gawdammit Jbird.... Microwave? Fuck no. You turn on your Grill in the back yard... you pull the little tassle things off but leave the leafy shit on... and throw it on the grill.

Roll 'em half way and DAYUM.... best Corn on the Cob you've ever had! :baimun:

Yep, I do nuke it too.
Leave the husk on, nuke for 4 minutes per ear, take it out and cut off the attached side of the husk, squeeze the other side, and the corn slides right out with no strings on it--perfect every time.

Nope. Boil water, bring to boil, turn off heat, drop corn in, wait 8 minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

I grill my corn. You can leave some of the inner husks on for a less grilled flavor or toss it on naked, seasoned & a little spritz of olive oil for a more robust grilled flavor. This kinda thing is mighty good too:
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ylts--v-d20120530-20120530_1_husks-elote-ears

I forgot that often when I peel back the husk to remove those tassle thingees I'll sprinkle a little olive oil, salt and pepper and then cover the corn back up with the husks.

Nope. Boil water, bring to boil, turn off heat, drop corn in, wait 8 minutes.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Try adding a tablespoon of sugar in the boiling water and thank me later.
With this, we can rule the world!

My wife eats Corn on the Cob for snacks. She nukes them all the time as a result. It might not be as good as boiling or grilling but if you just want one it's fast and instant gratification :thu:

Yep, I do nuke it too.
Leave the husk on, nuke for 4 minutes per ear, take it out and cut off the attached side of the husk, squeeze the other side, and the corn slides right out with no strings on it--perfect every time.

Man, I GOTS to try this!!!

I prefer it to boiling. I love raw corn just as much, on the cob, of course. Microwave cooking saves the flavor.
I love it grilled too.

Back