Question: Do you, or did you, play racquetball?

Do you, or did you, play racquetball?

• What's a racquetball?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

wagdog

Ack
I played quite a lot when I was younger, but haven't in years. Is it still a thing?

Poll is public, and final, no changies.

Never played. My exposure to racquetball is 100% movie/TV scenes where coworkers play after work. It's weird how many of those there are.

I did. I loved it and was a terrible player. Haven't played for almost 15 years though :(

I took racquetball as an elective in college, and Mrs. P and I have played several times at the South Charleston Community Center, but we haven't played for a few years.

hurling.jpg

Played a few times when I was high school-aged, played a few times when I was in the Air Force.

I was decent enough to give guys that were really good a nice workout, but not nearly good enough to beat them :embarrassed:

Played a few times when I was high school-aged, played a few times when I was in the Air Force.

I was decent enough to give guys that were really good a nice workout, but not nearly good enough to beat them :embarrassed:
I played most often when I was in the Air Force and lived in the barracks overseas. The gym was right across the street from the 'racks; split my time pretty evenly between there and the NCO club, lol.

I played a couple of times. I suck at it. I played in a work mini tournament, knowing I would lose in round one, but the point was more about the social aspects than sport. The zero depth perception thing really screws me over on stuff like this.

Last edited:
I played most often when I was in the Air Force and lived in the barracks overseas. The gym was right across the street from the 'racks; split my time pretty evenly between there and the NCO club, lol.
That's where I played stuff like that..I would imagine every military base has\had that court at their gym.......

Exercise vs Drinking...Tough decision...lol

I really enjoyed playing in high school. I won the 'tournament' in our PE class. The final game was against our teacher and I smoked him with an ace that basically went horizontal, hit just above the line on the wall, and came back near horizontal and dropped just past the line on the floor.

Later on, I worked at a resort that started out as a racquet club and then added a hotel, banquet and conference centre. Etc.. I worked in the hotel and conference centre.

I could play for free in any courts that weren't booked.
My brother worked at a racquet club downtown. He could play for free on any courts that weren't booked.

Between the two locations, we'd play for hours a day.

Squash was an option too.

I played when in The Marines.
There were a few courts on base,and it was something to do.

Back