Question: do you find basketball to be scintillating or boring to watch on television

I'm digging this In Season Tournament. My Lakers got a controversial call last night at the end. That sucked. The game didn't.

I can’t answer that. I don’t think I’ve watched an NBA game in tv since Jordan played for the Bulls.
I'm almost 100% positive this is my situation as well. I've always disliked basketball. It's boring.

I can’t answer that. I don’t think I’ve watched an NBA game in tv since Jordan played for the Bulls.
same here.
i'm in the group that says basketball is only interesting in the last 5 minutes (that's half an hour in real time).

Basketball would probably be my first choice if I had to watch a televised sport. I can get ripped into the strategies of football if it's a brainy game but most just watch football at parties when I'm more interested in chicken wings and 7 layer dip.

I used to follow the Lakers religiously but haven’t watched any basketball or sports in general for many years.
They have a new thing this year called the In Season Tournament. The league choses random regular season games for each team to compete in a meaningless regular season championship. The final 4 teams meet in Vegas to fight for bragging rights to be called the regular season champs. That final 4 starts tonight. The Lakers are in. These games count as regular season games. I think it was meant to break up the monotony of the 82 game regular season. It has my interest.
Also, each player on the winning team gets a half a million dollar bonus.

*I sensed you wanted to know all of this information.

As a huge Gamecocks fan, I watch a ton of college basketball.

Our women's b-ball team usually destroys everyone.

I'll start watching NBA usually in the playoffs every year.
I had heard of Gamecocks, but never knew what it was. i looked it up

Last edited:
Not boring, but painful. No thank you.

Of course, after a lifetime of being disinterested in any sport, I've become an NFL fanatic, so anything is possible in the future.

Back