Daily versus thread pt 12: Homemade lasagna vs homemade mac n cheese

Choose

• Homemade Lasagna

• Homemade Mac n Cheese

Results are only viewable after voting.
The interesting thing about this qualification.... I'm typing this as I... just... got done eating Cajun Andoui Sausage Mac and Cheese with baked cheese crumbles sprinkled on top....

... and I still voted Lasagna. :helper:

Had to leave early for today's gig so currently sitting in a gastropub next to the venue.

Mac n cheese with crispy onions and chives on a bed of BBQ pulled pork and Cajun fries coming up.

I almost stopped at McDonald's :embarrassed:

Man this is good
IMG_20211016_173600610_HDR.jpg

what about mac n cheese topped with a Tina's burrito? where is that option :confused:
One of my college roommates had never fended for himself and one of his "recipes" was boxed Mac and cheese, mixed with a can of diced tomatoes, topped with a frozen burrito. The tomato-ey mac looked like afterbirth so we dubbed it "Fetus Burritus".

The interesting thing about this qualification.... I'm typing this as I... just... got done eating Cajun Andoui Sausage Mac and Cheese with baked cheese crumbles sprinkled on top....

... and I still voted Lasagna. :helper:

Andouille. As a general rule, if it’s Cajun, it’s got a big French influence and the names will need more letters.

I’m a big fan of mixing andouille with other types of sausage in dishes like this. Now I’m hungry.

Last edited:
I love a good, homemade mac and cheese, and a local spot just started offering it on weekends. I am in heaven.

Lasagna is tough for me. I don't care for tomato sauce, don't eat meat, and most vegetarian lasagna has way too much cream sauce.

Mac n Cheese!!!

Sorry, that was my 8 year old kid. Of course lasagna.
I've been lured into old threads twice this morning.

Nah, wrong flavor profile (IMHO). I know a woman from Sardinia, who makes her lasagna with a bechamel sauce, and I don't care for that either. For me, it's gotta be that ricotta/egg/mozzarella/garlic/oregano combo.
Mornay is for Mac and cheese. Bechamel is supposedly for lasagne but I don't make it that way. I do my mother's recipe and I'm about to get lambasted but I don't care. It has sour cream in it. The lasagne. Ricotta, sour cream, herbs and garlic. Traditional lasagne is boring.

Hey @gary! Your enthusiasm for homemade mac and cheese is contagious! There's something so comforting about indulging in a creamy, cheesy bowl of goodness, especially when it's from a local gem. But let's talk about lasagna.
Consider experimenting with a veggie-packed lasagna that skips the tomato sauce and meat entirely. Load it up with delicious veggies like spinach, mushrooms, zucchini, and bell peppers for a burst of flavor and nutrients. And instead of drowning it in cream sauce, opt for a lighter béchamel or even a drizzle of homemade Yum Yum Sauce for a unique twist.
So why not give this revamped lasagna a try?
You're a moron bot. A bechamel is a cream sauce you dumbass.

Back