D’Adario NY XL’s

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
anyone using them? Thoughts?

I put a set of 11’s on my Eastsider, and I was shocked at the string tension. They are super low tension. They feel like 9’s when you play them. They have a really nice tone too.

anyone using them? Thoughts?

I put a set of 11’s on my Eastsider, and I was shocked at the string tension. They are super low tension. They feel like 9’s when you play them.

I don't like the sound of that. I usually use the gauge that has the tension I like. It sounds like I would have to bump up 2 gauges to get that, which would mean opening up the nut slots.

I don't like the sound of that. I usually use the gauge that has the tension I like. It sounds like I would have to bump up 2 gauges to get that, which would mean opening up the nut slots.

It's pretty weird, but it hasn't really bothered me. Just a little odd at first.

It's pretty weird, but it hasn't really bothered me. Just a little odd at first.

String tension is a big deal for me for some reason. When the LP arrived, the strings felt like rubber bands and I wasn't digging it. I remember seeing someone say Gibson's ship with 10's, so I thought it was odd that they felt off. I threw on a set of my 10's and immediately, the tension was there and it felt great. I then checked Gibson's website and sure enough, the LP shipped with 9's. It made me feel like Goldilocks :grin:

String tension is a big deal for me for some reason. When the LP arrived, the strings felt like rubber bands and I wasn't digging it. I remember seeing someone say Gibson's ship with 10's, so I thought it was odd that they felt off. I threw on a set of my 10's and immediately, the tension was there and it felt great. I then checked Gibson's website and sure enough, the LP shipped with 9's. It made me feel like Goldilocks :grin:

No, I get it because I light tighter strings too, typically with action higher than most people like too.

Back