Cold Fried Chicken

I was there for a while when I was younger but these days it's about 50/50. It has to be good hot to be good cold though.

I can dig it. There is something primal and satisfying about scarfing it up right out of the refrigerator.

Pizza and Fried Chicken have similar properties....

Hot for Dinner..... Yum.

Cold for Breakfast... Yum

Toss it in the microwave at lunch for a minute to knock the chill off of it.... Yum.

:helper:

Pizza and Fried Chicken have similar properties....

Hot for Dinner..... Yum.

Cold for Breakfast... Yum

Toss it in the microwave at lunch for a minute to knock the chill off of it.... Yum.

:helper:

I second , third and 4th it! If there is any left. There is a place I've been going to for close to 20 years now. It's called Chicken Connection in Haverhill MA. They do broaster process, but use their own blend of seasonings. The chicken pieces are huge, at least 20-25 % bigger than what you get in KFP or Popeye's. Lightly coated too. A hot 3 pc meal, of breast, thigh & drum plus 2 generous sides costs just under 10 bucks. Gravy on top of the mashed taters or stuffing is N/C. The place has been pronounced by our own Phantom Gourmet as the best in all New England. Who am I to argue? BTW, they sometime have cold broaster in a chill case, probably from the last batch of the previous night. 6-8 pcs per container for 4 bucks. Any time I see this stuff, I buy some of that, 'cause I can freeze it.

cold leftover pizza is OK, but given a choice between that and hot pizza, I'd go hot. not so with fried chicken.

I am not an advocate of friend chicken, hot or cold.

(It is a secret weakness, and I want it all to myself)

eyes_wide_lead.jpg

This thread is like when you leave your top hat at the gentleman's club and go back to get it after hours.

Last edited:
Back