Chicago peeps

Some flooding here and there on the Des Plaines River impacting surface streets here and there--further south than where you're gonna be. I was just over by Rosemont yesterday and nothing major going on. If you get off 294 right at the outlet, you should be golden. Touhy westbound into Park Ridge is down to one lane for a bit which causes congestion

All I have to offer is condolences. Hope you have a hip flask to help you endure an outlet mall on a Saturday. On the plus side, there are a couple of good restaurants there.

That place. Yikes! I avoid it like the plague. On the bright side, Hofbrauhaus Chicago is there. So you can stuff yourself on German food and bier.

The Des Plaines river, just east of the mall, has been flooding. Last night's rains don't help. But the mall is far enough away from the river that it shouldn't matter. There may be some road closures though.

That place. Yikes! I avoid it like the plague. On the bright side, Hofbrauhaus Chicago is there. So you can stuff yourself on German food and bier.

The Des Plaines river, just east of the mall, has been flooding. Last night's rains don't help. But the mall is far enough away from the river that it shouldn't matter. There may be some road closures though.

If you survive an outlet mall on a Saturday, then you deserve better than Hofbrauhaus. :wink: Budget permitting - Capital Grille, Gibsons, McCormick & Schmick's. Get a big ass martini and a steak.

If those aren't in the budget, and you want something other than German food, then try Naf Naf Grill on Touhy. Great shawarma, etc. . . Fresh made pita bread (I use them as a comforter in the winter.)

If you survive an outlet mall on a Saturday, then you deserve better than Hofbrauhaus. :wink: Budget permitting - Capital Grille, Gibsons, McCormick & Schmick's. Get a big ass martini and a steak.

If those aren't in the budget, and you want something other than German food, then try Naf Naf Grill on Touhy. Great shawarma, etc. . . Fresh made pita bread (I use them as a comforter in the winter.)
It's all personal taste. But yes, those are options. I didn't know there was a Naf Naf on Touhy. I only knew of the one in Naperville. I don't get up to the O'Hare area often unless I'm picking up someone at the airport. And I haven't had a reason to go to the Des Plaines/Rosemont area in a long time. I usually try to avoid it.

Naf naf is alright but not amazing. If you want tasty Persian-inspired chow, trundle on in to the far NW side of the city and go to N.O.K. There's one at Milwaukee and Elston.

It's all personal taste. But yes, those are options. I didn't know there was a Naf Naf on Touhy. I only knew of the one in Naperville. I don't get up to the O'Hare area often unless I'm picking up someone at the airport. And I haven't had a reason to go to the Des Plaines/Rosemont area in a long time. I usually try to avoid it.

Amen. I only go up there if work requires it.

BTW, there's a Naf Naf in the Loop too.

peepleyfield_full.jpg

Naf naf is alright but not amazing. If you want tasty Persian-inspired chow, trundle on in to the far NW side of the city and go to N.O.K. There's one at Milwaukee and Elston.
it's more lebanese than persian (but so is naf naf, IMO) but I'm partial to "middle eastern bakery" in my hood. and not just because of the super creative name.

I think I've been there. Is the Hofbraughhouse near a bowling alley and a few other bars? Park Tavern, Adobe Gilas ( I think...some sort of Mexican place) and something Roses pub? That brazillian steak food place too. Fog da chows or whatever.... Big grass field in the center of it all.

Thanks everybody. Naf Naf grill sounds like it will work. Wife has a thing for Falafels.

Dumb question, MapQuest says, "

13. Take the Balmoral Ave exit (Electronic toll collection only).

SHOW HIDDEN STEP
0"> Then 0.30 miles "

Since I don't have an I pass, does that mean I can't take that exit?

Amen. I only go up there if work requires it.

BTW, there's a Naf Naf in the Loop too.
I don't get into the Loop much anymore either. If I want mid eastern, I usually go to one of the places on Kedzie. There is also a fantastic mid eastern restaurant on 111th St. just down the block from Player's Guitars in Worth.

So? How was the shopping? Did you get some nice new clothes?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Back