Cheap, short scale bass Thunderdome...Ibanez VS Squier...AND THE WINNER IS...

Which is better?

• Total voters

jelloman

Couch'd Tater...
2 enter, 1 survives...

So, now that I manged to sell my POS long scale Samick I can finally get a short scale bass...since I'm not planning on investing a lot of money in one (building one will cost 800.00) I've narrowed my choices down to 2...

The Ibanez Talman TMB30, in black...
TMB30_BK_1P_01.png

Or the Squier Jaguar VM SS in silver...
0328800591_gtr_frt_001_rr.jpg

All things being equal in regard to price and specs, which will be the better choice?

Help me Weinworld, you're my only hope...

Last edited:
fender-mustang-bass-pj-pau-ferro-fretboard-capri-orange_1_BAS0009185-000.jpg

It is probably too expensive but it is SIGNIFICANTLY moar orange and you get what you pay for.

This is my vote too. My friend bought one. It plays and sounds great. If the other two are really your only options, I would go with the Squier purely based on looks.

I enjoy my little Jag squire short scale. Sounds good (to me anyway) through my GK. It makes bassy sounds. It is very light feeling, however. Not a bad thing, and as I said, sounds fine.

I guess with cheap stuff, I like to get my hands on the candidates, and keep the one that feels best. But in answer to your question, I like my Jag. My Jag is black, but I like that silver one. Very Raiders.

I own a used version of the Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro Short-Scale Bass. I love it. It is in the same price range as the Ibanez you listed, so I imagine the quality is similar.
bass.jpg

I am glad I found the short scale bass. I needed something that I could use in the studio without too much trouble; the short scale is so much easier for me to play.

Back