Help! Chasing Tone

MonkeyZero

Mexican Mayonnaise Weiner Sandwich
I've bounced back and forth between modelers and a pedal board for a long time. Well now I have the best of both worlds! A Spark and a full pedal board but I feel like my amp is severely lacking in what I am looking for.
I play mostly rock and I have been venturing heavier and heavier over the last 6 months.
Here's where I need help...
I need an amp, solid state or tube, that will get me to that heavy rhythm tone. Examples: (and I know dropped tuning contributes) Rob Zombie aka John 5, Chat Pile, Helmet. I like the "Haunted House" sound of Zombie and Chat Pile and can't quite figure out how to get there.
I don't need a gigging amp. Madison Square Bedroom. I can play loud but would prefer a headphones or attenuator option. And to round it all off, good clean tone too.
Let's say $1000?

I’m not familiar with Rob Zombie’s music, but you’re saying heavy. I snagged a Marshall DSL 15 a few weeks ago. The clean channel sounds great and it’s got gain for days. No headphone, but it does nave a master volume for each channel do it can get quiet. I think I paid $400 for the head.

I still love this thing-

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/de...stortion-pedal-with-decimator-noise-reduction

If your Spark has an FX loop, you just plug it into the return. All it needs is the power section and speaker. No matter how horrible your amp is, this will give you bliss. Tried it through a Marshal MG. It was heaven. Stupid amounts of gain and the clean is more Fender clean than a Fender. I bought mine used before pandemic and prices weren't so crazy.

Back