Capri Sun: Why so hard to open?

Who so awful tasting?

To me Capri Sun and Sunny D were the nastiest shit we ever drank as kids. Nothing could match Ecto Cooler.

7354f10255d8106bd55d6a517e4b99397536725a41a9121808a26568952cbf1c.jpg

Since you didn't ask, the secret is to squeeze the bottom a little to force the top sides apart and flatten the straw "target". Then twist the straw as you push it in. Twist it like a drill and be sure to release any pressure as the straw pierces the pouch.

Also be kind and push the straw through its wrapper while it is still glued to the pouch so as not to pollute the world with those little straw wrappers.

You're welcome. :)

I didn't have any of that as a kid.

My mother is a heart surgeon. Seeing the results of heart disease on a daily basis really influenced her to be fairly obsessive about healthy diets.

Red meat was something that I got at restaurants, at friends's, or at my grandparents's place.

Sugary drinks simply weren't in the home. In hindsight, I'm ok with that. It's just developing a good habit early.

That sounds like my upbringing was strict, but it wasn't like that at all. It's just a matter of what was in the fridge and in the cabinets.

Back