Bought an amp

I don't gig a lot, but it is beginning to get on my nerves that everytime I do it is through a loaner amp I've never seen before and when we rehearse or jam outside the official practice space I get to go through a PA where I often can't hear myself or do anything about it. So I figured why not buy one?

Was hesitating between the Markbass 121p and the Fender Rumble. Went to the local bricks and mortar shop that sells both for a shoot out, hoping a bit that the videos I've seen of the Rumble didn't do it justice. Sadly it seems it really does sound like that. (A lot of people like its sound and it is probably quite a good fit for my band's old school bluesrock. But it sounds scuffed and wheezy and dull to my ears, I didn't care for it at all.)

The shopbloke was fairly keen for me to buy an Eden 2x10 combo and it did, in fairness, sound pretty epic and was priced to move, but the Markbass -- for admittedly a substantial wodge of cash - sounded great too and is a pretty compact box and a one-hand lift, and that matters to me - I am lazy and weak and my mancave is up two flights of stairs. Is 350W through the combo's 1x12, and it sounds awesome in the shop ("store").

No pics, because we were in town on our bikes (being Dutch) and they will deliver it on Tuesday when I am in France. Irritating, but there you go.

Will post evidence when I meet up with the thing.

Is so tiddly I had to henge it up on some passing crates. Sounds good turned up a bit, though.

IMG_0166.JPG

Back