Boss ME 70 opinions?

shoeless

Riffin'
There's a Boss ME 70 with power supply on my local CL for $130. Seems like a decent price. I'm normally not a fan of multi effects pedals, but the layout on this one allows independent switching of Comp, OD, Mod & Delay, so it's not all about the patches. It is almost like a bunch of individual pedals in one case. OTOH, if the effects are lousy and have that digital/DSP sound to them, then I'm still not interested. Anybody use one of these or its relatives?

me_70_top_gal.jpg

I had an ME-50 and could never really bond with it. I think the ME-70 might be even more difficult, because of the addition of a preamp section.

Had one, used it at Pragestock 2014...

The distortions suck, editing patches wasn't too difficult, the amp emulator was nothing special...

I prefer pedals, sold it and built a new board...

And I agree with H!Iar!, the ME80, which is current, needs a serious update...

I recently sold one that Carol bought and never used. It was too complicated for me. The price is reasonable, and I believe @jelloman has one and likes it.

Ooops. So jelloman had one and hated it. :grin:

I have an ME80, and it's very useful for getting down some quick ideas and late night silent playing. :wink:
Very easy to use.
The FX are usual Boss quality, as in decent+, but the preamp and drive sections are not good enough for serious use.
I don't use mine on gigs unless if I can help it.

Back