Listen to this - BLUNDERCOVER SEASON 3: Revealed!

Peen Simmons

Let’s Get Obtuse!
EFAD2D57-CE65-48D2-A0B0-B0EF54B82803.jpeg

On this day in in 1985, three Liverpudlian youths now known as John Cavern, George Cobain, and Bingo McAllister met with Jim Morrison at the crossroads around midnight and recorded the greatest album of all time. That album Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band spawned six hit music videos that won a combined 9 MTV Moonman trophies.

Today we celebrate this historic moment in rock history by replicating that landmark album with excruciating fidelity.

As the Lizard King Himself says on the chart-topping centerpiece of the album “Buckle up...it’s a long way to the top of you want to bump and grind!”

A time is guaranteed for all!

“Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band” by the Aleister Crowley Memorial Jug Band feat. micwalt
https://www.dropbox.com/s/flhnp4a4wyxmx61/Pepper Intro_Mix 1.mp3?dl=0

“With a Little Help from my Friends” by mnewb1

“Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds” by bsman

“Within You and Without You” by smurfco and his Bird Index
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqiw4w0q42o9s4f/within you_mix 2.mp3?dl=0

“When I’m Sixty-Four” by Dexter Inferno
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jnd22xqt0wfh6bx/Dexter Inferno - When I'm 64.mp3?dl=0

“Good Morning, Good Morning” by Peen Simmons

“Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band (Reprise)” by The Aleister Crowley Tuba Unit
https://www.dropbox.com/s/y509awuvzua05jv/Reprise Mix2.mp3?dl=0

“A Day in the Life” by Knox in a Box

BONUS ROUND!

“Strawberry Fields Forever” by Gary Blanchard and sonik

Thanks to everyone for your hard work and...ahem...creativity. Kudos to Theodore for the art. Check this space for any late entries/very special surprises!

After 20 minutes of figuring out how to work Dropbox......

.........I got to hear the first two.

Into: Holy Crap that was fantastic. Really really nice work from all involved.

A little help from my friends: Also a really good showing and nice production.

Glad I decided to step up my game and accept no less.

Personal notes on ADitL:

All six string guitars are kit guitars except the harmony guitar (epi LP custom). Trini Lopez is the main guitar right channel straight dry USB with best twin modeller dry as a bone, left micd Katana with chorus, reverb and delay (slightly out of tune) which unexpectedly lent itself nicely to modulating. Middle section is the LP jr kit with a micd crunch channel. Bass was my normal PBass. Orchestra was midi programmed but had three tracks of fretless bass behind it one with delay middle, one a fifth up and one an octave up and overdriven.

Drums I decided to program the way I wanted and not try to duplicate Ringo, which I thought lent itself nicely to my changed middle.

WOW! I thought I was having a flashback! :hippie:

I am constantly blown away by the talent here. Everyone did a great job of interpreting the songs, and I love that some were faithful to the original and others took them in different directions. Theodore's artwork was neat, too. :grin:

My entry really is much more @sonik than me. I sent him guitar, vocal, cello, and string tracks of the actual song; for once he had the freedom to take it in any direction, and he did. :wink: He added the intro and did all his wizardry with the tracks I sent him. I am happy to have him producing my stuff. Look for a neat cover tune for the Recordingfest in July. (I did two covers at the same time. Who would have thought this would happen?)

These all sound fantastic!

Here are SoundCloud links of the intro, reprise, and Within You Without You.

The intro and reprise feature @micwalt @mnewb1 and me.
Brad (bird index) did the drums and production on all these.

@Peen Simmons when you get a chance if you want to update the first post since folks have problems with Dropbox...

Man, all you guys have inspired me to step up my producing/recording game. I'm possibly looking at some impending unemployment, and I can't think of a better way to spend the summer than working on getting at least minimally proficient at recording. I'm amazed at the results I'm hearing and humbled to be in the same company with much more talented individuals.

Fantastic job all you guys! :thu:

On my entry, I figured out quite quickly I needed to do something entirely different from the original, considering the instrumentation on it.
Firing up the baritone was FUN. :grin:
Think there's something like 11 guitar tracks in there, guess you can easily spot the Brian May moments (and yes, those were done with the Red Special) :embarrassed:
No amps anywhere btw, all modellers.

Fantastic job all you guys! :thu:

On my entry, I figured out quite quickly I needed to do something entirely different from the original, considering the instrumentation on it.
Firing up the baritone was FUN. :grin:
Think there's something like 11 guitar tracks in there, guess you can easily spot the Brian May moments (and yes, those were done with the Red Special) :embarrassed:
No amps anywhere btw, all modellers.
Funny that I was Brian May influenced on mine as well. Must be a British thing.

Cool! I’ll make some changes as soon as I get somewhere I can rest. My 6:30AM flight to NYC just landed! Nice job, American Airlines.

Funny that I was Brian May influenced on mine as well. Must be a British thing.

Well, I'm a massive fan of his to be fair, and do play in a Queen tribute band. :embarrassed:

Sometimes his approach does lend itself to certain songs I guess. :wink:

Btw, your ADitL...think that's the best I've heard you sing so far. Very nice :)

Well, I'm a massive fan of his to be fair, and do play in a Queen tribute band. :embarrassed:

Sometimes his approach does lend itself to certain songs I guess. :wink:

Btw, your ADitL...think that's the best I've heard you sing so far. Very nice :)
Thanks. I was hella afraid going into it, but my voice has improved well over the last couple of years, since my wife told me to force myself into accepting my range and try to perfect it within those confines. Good advice that I wish I would have heeded at 25 instead of 45.

Thanks. I was hella afraid going into it, but my voice has improved well over the last couple of years, since my wife told me to force myself into accepting my range and try to perfect it within those confines. Good advice that I wish I would have heeded at 25 instead of 45.

Your wife is right. :)

Back