best TV band

best tv band

• zack attack/five aces (zack morris)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • jesse and the rippers (john stamos)

• partridge family (david cassidy)

• alien (gilmore gilrs - sebastian bach)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I went Monkees because I consider the Blues Brothers a movie band. I know they did SNL but I still don't consider them a TV band. Although the Zack Attack as pretty bitchin

I went Monkees because I consider the Blues Brothers a movie band. I know they did SNL but I still don't consider them a TV band. Although the Zack Attack as pretty bitchin
Fair point, but they did start on SNL as a skit intended to make fun of what they ended up becoming.

Dr. Teeth and Electric Mayhem had some bitchin' tunes! So they get my vote.

However, I'd like to point out that Spinal Tap was also originally a TV band. They debuted on the 1979 ABC special, "The TV Show."

Fair point, but they did start on SNL as a skit intended to make fun of what they ended up becoming.
I don't think they were ever making fun of the music they were performing. I remember reading the autobiography of someone associated with Belushi or the Blues Brothers (can't remember who at the moment - maybe Gilda Radner) and they said Belushi was as serious as a heart attack about what the Blues Brothers were doing. It was tribute all the way.

Think about it. Would Belushi have bothered to round up the cream of the crop musicians to back him if it was parody?

I don't think they were ever making fun of the music they were performing. I remember reading the autobiography of someone associated with Belushi or the Blues Brothers (can't remember who at the moment - maybe Gilda Radner) and they said Belushi was as serious as a heart attack about what the Blues Brothers were doing. It was tribute all the way.

Think about it. Would Belushi have bothered to round up the cream of the crop musicians to back him if it was parody?

I read that they did it first as a skit and used the SNL band - which was a pretty good band - then when they got such a great reaction, they stepped it up.

i wanted to include The Mosquitoes (my fav band) but poll options are limited.

should have left out The Monkees as they were bigger than Hendrix,
one of the biggest bands ever actually. not really fair for a doo-wop group (five aces/zack morris)
to compete with pop royalty

Back