Best inexpensive wireless unit for guitar...

cvogue

Yes, that's Oolong. :)
My old wireless unit is on it's last legs, might ask Santa for one.

Need suggestions for an inexpensive wireless rig...

Go!!!!

Edit: Actually I really only need a replacement transmitter. I was using the X2 wireless system and they were bought out by Line 6. It's older but I'm wondering if it's possible to get just a replacement transmitter. The receiver is fine.

Last edited:
I got a Line6 G10 as an early Christmas present. Used it for about 10 hours now, no complaints and bonehead simple to use. It's an indulgent luxury to not be tethered.

It’s sure not cheap, but I have a Shure GLDX(?) pedalboard unit. Built in tuner, and it has a rechargeable battery which actually holds its charge for weeks. Ymmv depending on how much you use it.

I asked this question not to long ago when I joined up with my current band. Singer uses a wireless mic and bass player uses a wireless for his rig. I was thinking of getting one.

Im glad I dont have one. They both have trouble with their gear all the time. The last gig I wound up giving the bass player a cable as he couldnt get his wireless rig working at all.

I tried a G30 for a while on my upright bass. . It ate batteries like candy. Was always trouble shooting the thing, batteries dying in the middle of a gig, etc. Then one gig I pulled it out and it was covered it bow rosin. The little briefcase it was in got too hot and my rosin melted. It was such a sticky mess I threw the thing in the trash and plugged straight in.
No regrets.

The G10 battery life is listed at 8 hours in use and 200 hours in sleep mode. If you kill the guitar volume, the transmitter goes into sleep mode... but the receiver is also the charging station so it's pretty simple to just pull the transmitter outta the guitar and plunk it in the receiver, which lives on top of my amp.

I'm done with Line6 effects stuff but the G10 appeals to my laziness quite well. And if it craps out at a gig, just pack an extra cable for backup.

Back