Best Chorus??

just got this today, cant wait to give it a whirl

I had one of the older (larger) versions. It was an amazing sounding pedal, but I rarely use chorus and when I do it's pretty subtle. If you want weirder, extreme settings than the Sea Machine is an awesome pick.

Probably not at all what you are looking for, but I love the chorus tones from my EHX Neo Clone. One switch, one dial. Good analog tones.

neo-clone.png

I think mine is the Boss CE-5 and I like it just fine. For what I do.
The CE-5 is great if you're looking for a nearly transparent chorus effect. It is very subtle. It works very well with an acoustic because the modulation is nearly imperceptible if at all. Great for adding depth without weight.

Where the CH-1 is rich and lush, almost like gravy on top of the mashed potato signal and great for that thick "The Cure" type 80s sound, the CE-5 is more like adding some parsley flakes for color.

The CE-2 is a good middle ground between the other two.

The CE-5 is great if you're looking for a nearly transparent chorus effect. It is very subtle. It works very well with an acoustic because the modulation is nearly imperceptible if at all. Great for adding depth without weight.

Where the CH-1 is rich and lush, almost like gravy on top of the mashed potato signal and great for that thick "The Cure" type 80s sound, the CE-5 is more like adding some parsley flakes for color.

The CE-2 is a good middle ground between the other two.
Interesting. I have used it in combination with my DS-1 for a cobainesque sound, and for clean sounds. The DS-1 provides distortion so the transparency of the CE-5 seems to work pretty well there. Getting the weight through the drive pedals as it were, and using the chorus for depth only. I can definitely tell when it is on. I recall you are no Cobain fan so you may not think much of that particular use. I do also enjoy it for very clean sounds as well.

That and the Keeley Sea Foam look REAL GOOD ! Let us know how you like it.

had it for a couple days now and I really love it. taking it to band practice tonight so that will be fun.

if you like classic chorus sounds this is not for you and I agree, I think the keeley would be my first choice if that is what I was looking for. if you like weird, organic ambience this is built for you. the dimension knob is really fun, it adds a really cool texture to the sound. its more than just a straight chorus too, which it almost can do on very minimal settings, but it can also give you like reverby and slap back delayish type of sounds too.

I am a huge EQD fanboi and I just got it so take it for what is worth but I really like this one so far. pairs up really nicely with my dispatch master or if you want to get really crazy adding the afterneath is also really fun.

had it for a couple days now and I really love it. taking it to band practice tonight so that will be fun.

if you like classic chorus sounds this is not for you and I agree, I think the keeley would be my first choice if that is what I was looking for. if you like weird, organic ambience this is built for you. the dimension knob is really fun, it adds a really cool texture to the sound. its more than just a straight chorus too, which it almost can do on very minimal settings, but it can also give you like reverby and slap back delayish type of sounds too.

I am a huge EQD fanboi and I just got it so take it for what is worth but I really like this one so far. pairs up really nicely with my dispatch master or if you want to get really crazy adding the afterneath is also really fun.

Good to know, thanks for the heads up!

I'm a fan of the Boss CE-5, as well. I tried the CH-1, but I kept coming back to the CE-5. The other chorus I like is the Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus. This one is a clone of the Boss CE-1.

Well, I broke down and got a MXR M-234. It does exactly what I want it to for 99 bucks at Guitar Center. It wasn't too Guitar Centery last night. They had a used Klon Centaur for 1599.:embarrassed:

Back