Bad wreck in my front yard

Scott Powell

Blackmore Wannabe
Sunday night we heard a loud noise,like a tree falling. We have had a bit of rain and i figured a Pine Tree had fallen over in the side yard.I'm off this week and thought i had a project
Within a few minutes we heard sirens and our front yard was covered in Blue and Red lights,and it looked like every Fire Truck, Ambulance and Sheriff 's car in my county was either in my yard or on the street.

A kid was speeding and lost control of the car,he hit the ditch in front of my house,rolled the car and went airborne into the Pine Trees. Our house sits about 50 yards from the street,so all we heard was the tree falling

The car looked like a crushed beer can,and I had no doubts someone died. We went out side and the had the jaws of Life in action. We went back inside as I had no desire to get close when they were cutting the people out of the car,and waited until i saw the ambulance leaving to look at the scene. The police told me from whjat he saw the driver never even touched his brakes

South Fayette traffic crash claims one life
Monday, August 18, 2014 - 12:embarrassed:1pm
Submitted by Ben Nelms

A single-vehicle accident on Aug. 17 in south Fayette County claimed the life of a Fayetteville man.

Christopher Hayes, 24, died as a result of injuries he sustained in the accident off Hilo Road.

Sheriff Barry Babb said traffic investigators at approximately 8:35 p.m. on Aug. 17 responded to a single-vehicle accident at Hilo Road near Ga. Highway 92 South.

Babb said deputies found a Nissan 350Z resting in the yard of a residence.

“The driver apparently lost control of the vehicle in a curve on Hilo Road leaving the roadway striking a culvert,” Babb said. “The vehicle went airborne and rolled striking trees before coming to rest.”

The driver, 24-year-old Christopher Hayes, of Fayetteville, and 23-year-old Morgan McMillan, of Fayetteville were transported to Atlanta Medical Center.

Hayes later died as a result of his injuries, Babb said.

The accident is still under investigation. Excessive speed and alcohol appear to be contributing factors, said Babb.

:(

The intersection right by our house has had more than it's fair share of really nasty accidents just due to the intersection layout. But to my knowledge no one has died, though there have been a few where I would be shocked if people were not really messed up for a long time.

Back in Baltimore we had a car plow right into the cement steps in the front of the house I was living in; it drove them partially into the basement. Luckily, in that case, the driver was alright. Needless to say, he was intoxicated.

Back