Ariel Atom on the Nurburgring

I drove the first Gen around Laguna Seca back in 07, maybe 06. Not only was I crammed into that thing tighter than I thought possible, with a five point harness squeezing the life out of me, but the few laps I managed to run before the exhaustion and discomfort forced me to bail out were terrifying. I didn't even come close to pushing the limits and I was scared shitless.

Most fun I've ever had. :wink:

I can't even imagine the newer ones.

It's like a video game where you have the ability to pass anyone in you field of view!

I laughed my ass off the first time he blew by a motorcyclist on a rice rocket. Nice of the other drivers to be respectful and get out of his way, not that he needed the help.

There actually is one around here. I was out riding my bike and pulled up beside it. Not something you see every day

I drove the first Gen around Laguna Seca back in 07, maybe 06. Not only was I crammed into that thing tighter than I thought possible, with a five point harness squeezing the life out of me, but the few laps I managed to run before the exhaustion and discomfort forced me to bail out were terrifying. I didn't even come close to pushing the limits and I was scared shitless.

Most fun I've ever had. :wink:

I can't even imagine the newer ones.

That would have been fun. I spent 3 days driving an open wheel Formula Dodge around Laguna Seca, in 2001. So much fun...thought I am surprised that I did not get a ticket coming home. Though the top speeds were not all that fast, the fact that you are in an open cockpit with your butt about 2" from the pavement, when you get back in your daily drive it seems that you are moving is slow motion. I was driving home and complaining why everyone was driving so slow...then I looked and saw I was doing 95 in 55 :eek:

Their off road Nomads looks like fun, too.
http://www.arielnomad.us/#arielnomadhome

http://www.arielnomad.us/tactical-1/

Back