Are you part of the Stanley Cult ?

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
apparently Stanley if a thing now...people are stupid...check the person out at about 3;22....holy fuck !

lol.
My Dad was a semi professional bass fisherman.
He had quite the collection of stainless steel Stanleys for those grueling wintertime tournaments.
I still have 3 or 4 of them in my upper kitchen cabinet.
The fact they are now a consumer brand fad is hilarious.

The Yeti market has tanked.

I don’t know if it’s true. It’s just the last travel mug fad I could think of.

I don’t have either. I’d never spend my own money on a travel mug. I have so many logo’d travel mugs that I got for free.

I use a knock off that cost $13. I'm good. Don't own any Yeti stuff either. If your coffee needs to stay hot for hours you're not actually "drinking" coffee.

Reactions: Tig
Say what you will about the social media hype but the Stanley did out pretty much ace the field

Stanley is the Range Rover of cups. The Amazon Modern and even the Walmart cup out performs it at a better price.

did you see the dude at 3;22 due a Walter Payton and plow the person standing in his way over. Normal citizens should not have to be subjected to this

I don’t care. Moral panics about bad behavior at retail are boring. Assholes are not a new phenomenon and they aren’t created by metal tumblers or beanie babies or flat screens or tulip bulbs.

I stopped drinking coffee out of my Ember mug because it was affecting the taste of tea. Now I drink it out of a Stanley mug that out real estate agent gave me. It’s just a regular sized mug, tho.

Also:

I don’t care. Moral panics about bad behavior at retail are boring. Assholes are not a new phenomenon and they aren’t created by metal tumblers or beanie babies or flat screens or tulip bulbs.
They are not a new yes that is true but they were not assholes in a group experience shoving their Stanley’s down our throats. The platform in which to circle jerk did not exist like it does today so therefore they were the tree in the forest which fell but no one knew because the forest wasn’t in their virtual world……or something like that :embarrassed:

They are not a new yes that is true but they were not assholes in a group experience shoving their Stanley’s down our throats. The platform in which to circle jerk did not exist like it does today so therefore they were the tree in the forest which fell but no one knew because the forest wasn’t in their virtual world……or something like that :embarrassed:

It’s that danged internet, I tells ya!

https://www.atlasobscura.com/articles/medieval-europeans-pointy-shoes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

This sounds more like an issue with your possible excessive consumption of social media outrage & click bait than anything else.

I'm on 10 with mine, but only because I lost my first one that I had for ~15 as well.
My longest running insulated cup was a Nissan ( not the car brand) that thing lasted probably 20 but I’m currently using an old school Stanley (green speckled t like their thermos) and it’s probably 17 years old, daily use and still keeps hot for over 4 hours

Back