April Songwriting Reveal!

Gary: a really good song, and I need to go to the next step and start putting songs to a video, I really like your creativity.

Peen: this is a very cool composition! I really love the work that went into the arrangement....wonderful use of synths, great lyrics

I truly am impressed with the work people present here...it moves me to improve...I can only hope we can keep people engaged and add more and more voices to this monthly series

Gary: a really good song, and I need to go to the next step and start putting songs to a video, I really like your creativity.
Thanks. I started writing that song March 31, which was my 11th wedding anniversary. I then spent the next five days in the hospital; I finished it up and recorded it the weekend after my release. Carol was very pleased with the song when she realized it was written for her; she also approved of the use of footage of younger women for the video. :grin:

I got a year's package with Videoblocks. There are a lot of clips that are outside the package and cost more, but there is an amazing amount of video available within the package. Usual cost is $150, but they often have a $99.00 sale. :wink:

Peen Simmons. That has really interesting instrumentation and chord structure. It is just a cool song.

Mnewb1 - I love the intro. The vocals are good and I love the message. Excellent!

Both of my songs...Comiskey Park and Proclaimed as a Saint...are kinda cheats. They're cobbled together from some stuff that I'd started previously. But I finnished them this month.

Both of my songs...Comiskey Park and Proclaimed as a Saint...are kinda cheats. They're cobbled together from some stuff that I'd started previously. But I finnished them this month.
There are a number of songs I didn't post in the past as they were written in the previous month. It is not that easy to get it written and recorded within one month.

There are a number of songs I didn't post in the past as they were written in the previous month. It is not that easy to get it written and recorded within one month.

Yeah. I've written a few this month, but I've been crazy busy and have been recording a new full length with my studio rats on the weekends...plus getting shit together for the punk rock thing this month.

I just completed a CD, and have a book revision to do this summer, so I may be out of these for a bit. It has been fun, though.

Looking forward to your new album.

I just completed a CD, and have a book revision to do this summer, so I may be out of these for a bit. It has been fun, though.

Looking forward to your new album.

Did you hear the first one? I know I posted about it, but I'm not sure I did a whole rollout.

https://hauntedhare.bandcamp.com/album/sherwood-court

And then I followed it up with a weird home recorded thing full of swears and synthesizers during TRUMPMANIA a couple months later.

https://hauntedhare.bandcamp.com/album/wormwood

I believe I bought that one when Bandcamp was making donations for sales. It's a neat album.

I thought you bought the single, "The Actual Worst." I could be wrong.

Actually, that was sonik...or at least I know he bought it. Not sure what you bought. If it has a ton of piano, it's Sherwood Court. Wormwood sounds like someone dropped a bunch of Cars cassettes down the stairs.

Last edited:
That's a nice ditty, GB. You and Detroit Ess are putting together quite the collab.

Mnewb, I dig the groove of yr piece. Nice feel. Solo is rad too.

Here's the thing I actually wrote for the songwriting thing a week or so ago, but didn't have time to record a reasonable demo within the month of April.

Back