Apple peeps

DdBob

Dogue in teh desert
What browser are you using? Basically Safari is becoming unusable for me, started probably a year ago but getting worse.what happened is probably 40% of the time pages will take forever to load and might not at all then I open Firefox and it loads instantly meanwhile Safari is still worse than 28 k dial up. This only happens on my IMac. iPhone and iPad have no issues. I do have a couple ad blockers on my iMac but nothing else.

So I’m wanting to switch to something where I can still use the Apple password manager, auto fill forms as well as import my bookmarks and possibly what Apple calls the reading list. Unfortunately it looks like I can’t use password manager with Firefox so Chrome seems to be the only option…. Or is there a better one?

I use Firefox with its built in password manager synced to an account that I also use on my phone. I also run Unlock origin to block ads, Ghostery to block ads and trackers, another plugin to block auto play of audio and video, and another one to shut off JavaScript on sites that use JavaScript to stop people from using ad blockers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tig
I need a new computer I can’t upload Windows 11 and 10 is no longer supported. I’m looking at Apple desktops. So interested here.

It blows because Apple updates for my phone end in 2025 too. All my crap is getting old. Me too for that matter.

I use Firefox with it's built in password manager synced to an account that I also use on my phone. I also run Unlock origin to block ads, Ghostery to block ads and trackers, another plugin to block auto play of audio and video, and another one to shut off JavaScript on sites that use JavaScript to stop people from using ad blockers.
I’ve used ghostery and unlock years ago on safari but then they stopped making versions or something I believe so I use Wipr on safari. I read unlock is the one to get for Chrome . Thanks for the info

I need a new computer I can’t upload Windows 11 and 10 is no longer supported. I’m looking at Apple desktops. So interested here.

It blows because Apple updates for my phone end in 2025 too. All my crap is getting old. Me too for that matter.
My iMac is no longer supported for updates, 2017….. I switched to Apple in 2007 so the m fully in their ecosystem Safari works great when it does but there’s lots of people it seems are having a problem with it, I think primarily on old Macs. Do a search goer “why is Safari so slow” or something similar. I’ll probably be looking at a new one in another year or two. I got the Apple Card recently and I guess there’s zero financing on Apple products if you buy with that.

I use Firefox on iMacs, but Safari on iPhones and iPads.
Is safari slow on your Mac? Just curious why you’d use different ones. What i like about safari is all the bookmarks are available in the cloud.

I use Chrome and all Google products on my Mac, iPhone, iPad, and Windows boxes.

It started with ITunes, Apple Maps and Mail sucking ass in the past... so now I don't even use their calendar or basically anything but their hardware.

I use a paid YouTube account to stream all my music without commercials (got a notification that I listened to over 270 hours of music last month :baimun: ) and then use Serato to listen to MP3 playlists.

Reactions: Tig
I use Google maps on my phone. Use Google to browse on my laptop Just deleted Gmail from my phone as I rarely use it for anything and it was fighting safari to open stuff. Have had the one yahoo mail as my main one forever.

The Microsoft one Edge? It is so incredibly slow and awful. I would probably use it but it is so slow.

I use the calendar the iPhone has but I have my Yahoo and Google linked to it. It pulls from all 3 and my girl’s home calendar each color coded. The reminders from all pop and sound off like they’re supposed to.

I forgot to mention, don’t use Chrome at all. Google turned it into a spyware app. It’s tracking you everywhere it possibly can.

I’ve used ghostery and unlock years ago on safari but then they stopped making versions or something I believe so I use Wipr on safari. I read unlock is the one to get for Chrome . Thanks for the info

For the record, it's called ublock origin.

I forgot to mention, don’t use Chrome at all. Google turned it into a spyware app. It’s tracking you everywhere it possibly can.
I don't really have a probl;em with that, it is what it is. we are data mined in every aspect of life now and Google pretty much runs the internet. I already switched to Gmail last year when I went from Cox isp to verizon home and switching email after having the same one for over 15 years was a royal PITA which i never want to do again so Im sticking with Gmail fo life :embarrassed: Google owns Youtube, etc

Firefox, ublock origin. Only use Chrome for testing when I'm working on web based stuff. There's no reason to let Google take over the entire internet, especially not with a dogshit browser like Chrome.

I use Safari with no issues.
If you don't mind me asking ...what year is your iMac. I have a feeling it's people with older macs experincing issues and what OS version?
I have a 2017 running Ventura 13.6.3 which is the last update that would install. I haven't tried disabling the ad blocking which is the only browser add on and I don't run VPN so my guess is that something in the software or hardware is not compatible with Ventura perhaps . i think it started this problem somewhere around that update.

Firefox, ublock origin. Only use Chrome for testing when I'm working on web based stuff. There's no reason to let Google take over the entire internet, especially not with a dogshit browser like Chrome.
Does Firefox have any password manager? i don't wanna use a stand alone third party. i used a couple in the past but nort interested in doing so now. Quite frankly i really like the Apple password thingy.

Back