Anyone run stereo at gigs?

profgalen

Helper
I've been running my rig in stereo for several months now and I like it. I don't ever want to go mono again. I run out of an old Dunlop Tremolo pedal into two small amps. I'm using a 1984 Fender Super Champ and a current Super Champ X2 (JJ tubes and a Ragin Cajun speaker). Only 15 watts each. Plenty loud for our gigs. The Tremolo gives me a very full Leslie like sound. Sometimes I'll run out of the Blue Sky reverb pedal in stereo.
09306ea0b55aeaaa6bc9951aaf8a927a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the idea of a stereo rig, but the stuff I do while playing out (mainly acoustic stuff, or backing electric) doesn't really lend itself to a stereo rig. I do like to occasionally set up in stereo at home.

I probably would if it weren't for the fact the most of the places I've played look at me funny when I bring a head and a 2X12. You'd think I were rolling in with AC/DC's backline of full stacks. Once place actually forced me to use a 1x12 solid state amp that they had on top of a small round table. Volume wasn't the issue since the thing got loud. They were just sticklers about people bringing stuff in. Definitely odd.

I usually don't have the space or the volume headroom to do it. I haven't had a stereo rig in probably 25 years.

I've always wanted to (either out of my tremolo or delay pedal), but right now we're using a single Bose stick for 90% of our shows.

I used to use 2 amps but not in stereo. One was a clean amp and the other was overdriven. I switched between the 2

I like the idea of a stereo rig, but the stuff I do while playing out (mainly acoustic stuff, or backing electric) doesn't really lend itself to a stereo rig. I do like to occasionally set up in stereo at home.
Running stereo reverb or delay can really thicken up backing chords. On acoustic I use two Fishman Mini Loudbox amps split with my reverb. Shimmer verb can act as a pad.

Chorus pedals are another great way to go stereo. I don't usually use chorus but stereo is one reason the JC120 chorus sounds so lush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did for a while, but lugging an additional amp was just more than I wanted to deal with. Sounded great, though.
I hear ya. That's why I use Super Champs. I find 15watts X 2 is plenty. At one time I use a Tech 21 Trademark 60 and the Trademark powered extension cab. I'd run out of the loop to a stereo pedal then back to the return and into the powered extension. I got a lot of complements but it was to much to haul around.

I was running stereo at gigs until my JC-55 let the magic smoke escape. For now I'm flying mono.

From 2003-2005 When I was in the Rush tribute I ran stereo. Always had to let the clubs know to use two mics on my cab as I could split my 4x12 cab being fed by my rack gear.

I've done it on the less back breaking side by using 2 thr10's.
Set them both to the deluxe model and ran an a/b/y box.

Good thing with them is the weight. You can pack 2 of them pretty easy.
Down side is that they don't bring the really loud, even run in stereo.

Back