Any Lovers Of Heart?

tompetty

Sporting a hammer...
Let's leave Ann and Nancy out of this..

I don't eat heart often but I do really like it. My favorite is venison but not being a hunter for years,it's been years since I've had it. Love it though..

Three or four times a year I'll pick up chicken hearts and in the past have always simply fried them in a little butter and had them with a couple varieties of vegetables..

I frequent an online chefs forum quite often and as a result now have chicken hearts marinating in lime juice,olive oil,minced garlic,parsley and a pinch of salt. Had wood skewers soaking in water for the past few hours and eventually will grill the hearts..We'll see....

Anyone else here like the delicate and tender heart???

I have eaten beef-heart, and from what I recall, it wasn't bad....once you get over the fact that it was a cow heart.......

I don't recall it being very tender, though.

I don't know if I have eaten chicken-hearts.......I'd try one.

My instinct was to make an offal pun.

But I don't want to lose my credibility as the guy who argues that people who make awful puns should be punched in the nose repeatedly by Wladimir Klitschko.

I had venison heart for the first time in spite of growing up in a hunting community 2 years ago. Pretty darned good.

Update...I should have known better,oh well. The marinated hearts were awful.. I ate a couple and threw the rest out. Just couldn't eat them..

The only two organ meats I eat are heart and liver and I always keep to the basic method of cooking without much,if any,influence...

I love chicken hearts,just not this way....Lesson learned...

Back