Another NGD from the wife....

Tiltsta

Show me your frittatas
Staff member
Well, I posted about the Fretlight the other day. Yesterday another UPS truck arrived at my house with an early Christmas present from the wife. I had no idea it was coming.

Anyway, here it is. A PRS SE Bernie Marsden signature model. Basically a PRS single cut with neck and body binding, a wide fat neck that copies his favorite 59 LP, and different controls than the normal model (V, T, T). The body is supposedly thicker than the normal single cut, again to make the guitar more like a LP. Scale is 24.5" and the pickups are SE245's. They sound pretty much like a hot PAF to me. Anyway, it sounds like a LP and feels like one too. It plays amazingly well. I am astounded at how good the Korean SE models are as guitars. This thing is super resonant and fells 'lively' when you play it.

A7E3AA31-12F3-4FA7-BDF7-76728D445267_zpsud72czdv.jpg

And some closeups....

6D598D4E-4136-4AA8-BF69-54ADA78DB9A9_zpsufq9xt3i.jpg

A8F3E8EA-E018-42F1-9FB8-0155E9109BED_zpswgkky8ea.jpg

FE279B27-01BD-4CEC-BBBC-CC6AAB009CEC_zpsero4ej9s.jpg

AAEEEDEF-09B7-42C8-9654-932145AE46BA_zpstitcmjnq.jpg

lol. My wife does have a sister, but her sister is bat shit insane and currently on husband number 4 at age 36. Not worth it, even with the free guitar.

Forget the sister, is the jugsy kick-boxing gal rich? :tongue:

Happy Birds Day!

Nah, just normal middle class level. FWIW, crazy sister in law is pretty well off and is even jugsier than kick boxing girl, and that is saying something.

Sweet! HNGD. That is the nicest looking SE I've ever seen.

You should write a book, "Guitarists Guide To Finding A Great Wife". :wink:

I probably could write a book like that. lol.

As for the look, I'm glad it has a really nice top. These seem to vary a lot based on the photos I have seen. Some have very little figuring with pretty thin maple stripes. There is also a big difference in colors, with some looking almost yellow with a heritage cherry type burst edge, and some look very dark amber like mine. I prefer the darker looking models.

Here is a picture of one of the light ones....

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Back