Another frustrating day of cancellations.

Gary Blanchard

beloved, local musician
I had myself booked solid from 10:embarrassed:0 AM to 7:embarrassed:0 PM. The day started out good with my 10, 11 and 12:embarrassed:0 folks showing up. My 1:embarrassed:0 called at 12:45 to cancel, and rescheduled to tomorrow. Then the next three appointments were no-shows. The really aggravating one is my 4:embarrassed:0. He was originally scheduled for an assessment Monday; I got a call from is SO 15 minutes before his appointment to state that he decided he would "get his own therapist to do the assessment." They called back Wednesday to state that that therapist is not able to do the assessment, and could they get another appointment as soon as possible. So I put them in for today; and not even a phone call to cancel. At least my 5:embarrassed:0 is dependable; my 6:embarrassed:0 is actually a conference call with other board members from NAADAC.

On the plus side, I have contacted my publisher and we are starting the process for a second edition of my Positive Path Recovery text; they are always happy to make a book redundant so folks can't buy used books. :grin:

When people cancel/no show do you NOT get paid?
Nope. Most of my clients are on medicaid, and the contract with them does not allow us to charge for missed appointments.

What was really frustrating was the agency I used to work for. People had to pay $85 for an intake for a court-ordered program; I would be paid $30. If the person did not show, I got paid nothing. So far, so good. When the person called for a second chance for the intake, the program would charge $85 for the missed appointment plus $85 for the assessment. I would be paid $30. o_O So that missed appointment fee was all profit for the agency and I just had wasted time.

Well that sucks. Sorry to hear that. A friend of mine is a therapist as well but still gets paid for missed appointments.

Back