Alquier-Dupont Fastback Codetalker

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
Alquier-Dupont Fastback Codetalker

http://www.destroyallguitars.com/component/hikashop/item/1235-alquier-dupont-fastback-codetalker

$2,750.00

item is in stock

DESCRIPTION:
This new, gloriously stylish, incredible sounding guitar is an outgrowth of Alquier's fastback design and is being produced in partnership with famous French luthier Maurice Dupont, one of the most revered guitar makers in France.

The Fastback and its derivatives are unique, utterly brilliant designs that will leave you breathless with their automotive-inspired curves and ergonomics. All Fastback models are made with non-exotic wood.

Introducing the Fastback Codetalker – with its alder body and maple neck, the Codetalker is Alquier's Telecaster interpretation embodied in the Fastback design. It uses the mini humbucker 'lafayette' custom neck pickup by Benedetti which gives a nice warm and punchy sound, and the Benedetti bridge which adds that twangy Tele spirit. This one has a stunning textured metallic gold flake finish and weighs in at 6.6 lbs.

All the Alquier/Dupont Fastbacks have a 24.92 inch scale length and set neck construction with satin finish on the necks.

PRICING INFO:
- $2,750.00

I do kind of like the cool bridge plate shape. Not sure what kind of guitar it would look good on, but it is cool nonetheless.

I like it when someone comes up with something new, but this one isn't very appealing to me. It looks to be well built.

If they included a full 5-gallon gas can and some matches, and gave me my money back before I threw it into the fireplace, then maybe.

Back