Albums you were so excited about and then when they came out they totally blew and you got real mad

smurfco

Meatus McPrepuce
Inspired by the "albums that grew on you" thread, except in this case they never grew on you. This isn't just albums you think are shitty, though - it had to be something you were looking forward to and super excited about and when it came out you were crushingly disappointed.

v600_MinkCar.png

The_Flaming_Lips_-_At_War_with_the_Mystics.jpg

20090329_banksy_blur_think_tank.jpg

MUDD3997.JPG

Inspired by the "albums that grew on you" thread, except in this case they never grew on you. This isn't just albums you think are shitty, though - it had to be something you were looking forward to and super excited about and when it came out you were crushingly disappointed.

MUDD3997.JPG

My least favorite Wilco record, but Bull Black Nova and One Wing are 2 of my favorite Wilco songs.

I love At War with the Mystics. Still listen to it regularly.

From a Metal perspective this release was pretty sad. One of the all-time greats goes out with a whimper...
image.jpeg

My least favorite Wilco record, but Bull Black Nova and One Wing are 2 of my favorite Wilco songs.

I just played Wilco (The Album) yesterday. For me it goes in the "albums I had to warm up to" category but now I like it a lot.

And yeah, One Wing and Bull Black Nova are two great songs.

I just played Wilco (The Album) yesterday. For me it goes in the "albums I had to warm up to" category but now I like it a lot.

And yeah, One Wing and Bull Black Nova are two great songs.

Bull Black Nova is my 12 year old's favorite Wilco song.

View attachment 29312

I disliked it so much, I never even listened to the next one.

I got used to Achtung Baby as most did, but I was cautious enough to wait until some singles came out to see if I would be interested for the next one. Therefore I never listened to that one at all.

I went to the store at the special midnight release for Achtung forchristsake.

Back