Absurd overkill: I just splurged on a hell of a pickup system.

dmn23

Duller than cardboard
I clicked "buy" before common sense could kick in—A Sunrise pickup and a Baggs Lyric internal microphone, plus a Sunrise SB-2 preamp/buffer box. And all of this is going in a 18 year old Taylor that might be worth $700 on a good day. :facepalm:

Damn you, Reverb. Damn you and your sweet, sweet deals. Damn you to hell.

maxi8hyegj5mwqwniov9.jpg

lyric-acoustic-guitar-microphone-slide2.jpg

Last edited:
I've used a dual source system in the Lowden for as long as I've had the guitar—a Sunrise combined with a Baggs active I-Beam. It sounds phenomenal but I've always been curious about swapping the I-Beam for a good mic. Near as I can tell, everyone raves about the Lyric so I figured I'd give it a shot.

I've used a DTAR Solstice as my preamp (and I'll keep using it), but everyone swears up and down that adding the Sunrise buffer box is a huge improvement regardless of whatever else is used in the signal chain.

We'll see.

I know nothing about acoustic pickups but I do know a thing or 2 about Reverb pulling me in with their sweet deals. I am tempted to have my wife set the password for our router and blocking reverb so I can't be tempted.

Congrats on the gear.

I need a pickup system for my new acoustic. In my last good acoustic I had a K&K Trinity system - which is a dual source with and internal mic. It sounded awesome. I think whatever I get now I want the flexibility to expand into a dual source in the future.

Back