A Suhr for OGG

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member
A big thanks to Jamie West-Oram of The Fixx for stopping by! Jamie's Suhr guitar is a modern recreation of his famous "Woody" guitar. His Suhr guitar is a Classic model featuring: a 1 piece figured Koa body finished in Natural Oil, Pau Ferro neck and fingerboard, and a lacquered brass pickguard.

Make sure you catch him on tour with The Fixx.
http://www.thefixx.com/

942711_10151450395846307_1789993226_n.jpg

Unfuckingbelievablyawsome!

Btw, going to see them (The Fixx) tonight :thu:

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I was really dissapointed when he stopped taking his old Schecter out on tour with him and went to PRS.

Not that the PRS's didn't sound awesome... they did. But it was like seeing Angus Young playing a JEM. It just didn't work.

He said the Schecter was just getting too beat up after 30 years of touring, and he wanted to save what was left of it.

This guitar suits him perfectly.

I was really dissapointed when he stopped taking his old Schecter out on tour with him and went to PRS.

Not that the PRS's didn't sound awesome... they did. But it was like seeing Angus Young playing a JEM. It just didn't work.

He said the Schecter was just getting too beat up after 30 years of touring, and he wanted to save what was left of it.

This guitar suits him perfectly.

I would think that the PRS wouldn't have really been his thing.

I would think that the PRS wouldn't have really been his thing.

Me too, but he made them sound like him... mostly.

It probably had a lot to do with reliability and consistency.

I really like that one. If those are EMG SA's I love 'em

Sent from my blissfully peaceful garden.

The Fixx rules.
Suhr rules.

This guitar rules. Nicest EMG equipped guitar I've seen in a long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new guitar is beyond incredible. He sounded more like "himself" than even I expected. Not only does this thing look like the mightg old Schecter, but it sounded perfect. He was clearly enamored with it.

Some good vids of last nights show on youtube today.

The new guitar is beyond incredible. He sounded more like "himself" than even I expected. Not only does this thing look like the mightg old Schecter, but it sounded perfect. He was clearly enamored with it.

They sound really good. For some reason I wasn't expecting the singer to sound as good as he does.

They sound really good. For some reason I wasn't expecting the singer to sound as good as he does.

Cy has always had great pipes. He's lost a bit of range over the years, but who hasn't?

Jamie did some crazy shit in Saved By Zero...

I'm not the world's biggest Strat fan, but that sounds really nice! :thu:

The correct answer is:

Neither.

It was assembled by Chandler Guitars in London, which was the sole UK builder of the early Schecters.

Back