a great RC Booster that demonstrates why I love it so much

Mark Wein

Grand Poobah
Staff member

He doesn't start playing until about 3:30. Worth watching to the end He's also using it through a Vox Pathfinder amp, too and not some killer boutique or vintage amp.

Hmmm, I thought even on the mildest setting, that it still imparted a noticeable amount of dirt/crunch. Not that that's a bad thing, but it makes it somewhat other than a "clean boost" in my mind. Sounded killer though.

Hmmm, I thought even on the mildest setting, that it still imparted a noticeable amount of dirt/crunch. Not that that's a bad thing, but it makes it somewhat other than a "clean boost" in my mind. Sounded killer though.
Well, it's pushing the front of the amp so its going to give it a little bit no matter how low the gain control is on the pedal.

Reactions: OGG
That does sound good :thu: could you use this pedal in the fx loop to add volume and also a bit more gain for saturation and sustain? I just use an eq at the minute but itd be nice to have a bit more dirt in the sound for leads.

That does sound good :thu: could you use this pedal in the fx loop to add volume and also a bit more gain for saturation and sustain? I just use an eq at the minute but itd be nice to have a bit more dirt in the sound for leads.
I guess you could. I've never tried it that way but it seems like it should work.

I've been experimenting with that clean-boost concept lately live. I run my Rectoverb 25 clean channel pretty sparkly (volume about 2/3rd's up, gain at maybe 25%) then various combinations of Flyrig "clean channel" engaged or not, that pedal's solo boost, on and off, or the TC Spark mini on. It seems the Flyrig solo boost always boosts volume where as the spark is more like that RC where it boosts with just a little bit of teeth.

While current my financial situation prevents me from trying it out, the RC Booster intrigues me. I've had my AC Booster for many years, it's the pedal I've had the longest, and the thing I keep going back to is simply using it as a clean boost. Zero gain, full volume, treble and bass at 12 o'clock.

How similar is the RC Booster to the AC Booster as a clean boost?

The RC Booster has less gain It's not COMPLETELY clean because there is a gain control that you'll need to push a little to get some volume boost but I think they are super useful. I own three of them.

IMG_0653.JPG
I've since added a TC electronic Spark Mini Boost after everything else as a "on top of everything clean boost with one knob" too:

Back