2024 Concert Thread

My brother saw the Lemonheads a few weeks ago and said it was a total trainwreck.
I've seen him solo and as part of the Lemonheads and it's never good. I don't know why I expect it will change and it's really frustrating because he's a stellar writer when he wants to be. Substance issues are a huge struggle for a lot of people.

I saw that Kraftwerk is going to be in Newport, KY this spring. Can't say that I was a fan back in the day, but they seem like they'd do a great show. Tickets are reasonable too.

Going to try to make it to Los Lobos. I've seen them before - they are not to be missed.

I saw that Kraftwerk is going to be in Newport, KY this spring. Can't say that I was a fan back in the day, but they seem like they'd do a great show. Tickets are reasonable too.

Going to try to make it to Los Lobos. I've seen them before - they are not to be missed.

I need to Los Lobos again. I caught them at the middle act on the Wheels of Soul tour, but David was sick and didn't perform at Wolf Trap. As such I don't feel like I've really seen the band...the whole band.

They're never a bad show.

asdfas.jpg

Just added tickets for Rickie Lee Jones in August.

Revised list for 2024:

Leo Kottke
Living Colour
Evan Dando
Wailin' Jennys
Gregory Alan Isakov
Local Natives
Flaming Lips
Kingfish
Brittany Howard
Khruangbin
Joe Jackson
The Decemberists
Rickie Lee Jones
Sierra Ferrell
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss
Future Islands

Well, I guess I’m going to pop my post-Covid concert cherry.

At least it’s in a nice venue.

The bass player is behind the art part of the event.

IMG_2467.jpeg

I really need to be boarding a plane to Switzerland right now for Zermatt Unplugged. That trip ruined me for all other events back in 2022. I can't think about anything else!

I’m going to Bnny’s album release show in a couple weeks.

Still dithering on whether or not I want to spend actual money to see PJ Harvey this fall because mostly I don’t like going to venues that aren’t just an AC30 balance on a couple cases of Pabst in the corner.

I just bought tickets to see the Heart Collectors at the end of the month. They are from New Zealand. They did a performance at Workshop 13 in Ware about 6 years ago; no one had heard of them. I went and was blown away. They came back the following year; I brought Carol along and she also loved them. They were scheduled again the next year, but Covid hit. This is their first time back since then and they are on a national tour.

They have a female singer who also plays some percussion and piano. There is a cellist, a guitar player, and another who switches between guitar and banjo. They bill themselves as epic folk music; there is a Fleetwood Mac feeling, perhaps because the singer has some Stevie Nicks moves.
FB_IMG_1712286145577.jpg

Back