2018/2019 Recordingfest Schedule!

reverend1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
Ok guys, we are all busy and having the time to record can be a challenge. With that in mind, I decided to go to 3 dates a year instead of four. This will give us four months to get something put together.

Here we go, let me know what you think.

July 1- Dealer's Choice: You pick the song and the style. Just to get the ball rolling again.

November 1- White Elephant: Participants will each submit a song to be preformed by a fellow forumite. I will do a blind, random draw to assign songs to participants. Let's get our submissions in by july 15th in order to give enough time to get them done.

March 1- Song of the 90's: anything recorded during the 1990's is fair game!

Please submit all entries to me via PM and I will post them on the above dates.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

Last edited:
The white elephant idea scares me a bit...what if you get a song way beyond your abilities to perform?

Beyond that it looks good, and I already know the song I'm going to try out for the first one...

The white elephant idea scares me a bit...what if you get a song way beyond your abilities to perform?

Beyond that it looks good, and I already know the song I'm going to try out for the first one...

It's a lot of fun, even if you get a song you don't really vibe with... you find a way to make it your own...

It was intimidating to me as well, but it’s a fun way to learn how to make a song work for you. @Kerouac was a big help with that for me.

I did a Cars song the last time we did one of these. I gave it my own spin. I don't really like to do exact covers of songs. (Which is good, because I don't have the ability to do so, either. :grin:) I also did a synth-pop version of The Letter. :wink:

Got my July entry recorded and will be sending it for mixing soon. I just may add it to my next CD; licensing is not that expensive on a small-scale release.

Marking this for subscription. Maybe I'll learn to use Reaper finally.
Any other super simple straight forward DAWs out there? I'd rather spend time recording than figuring out how to.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Back