GPOTD 2.7.18

Help!I'maRock!

Mediocringly Derivative
v4jtqaxccxpfxkq0x5mw.jpg
bq6flhzc0mthnbmpscic.jpg
niuzjxdvpz3vos3zllub.jpg
grztx1swz9kkubuwjidv.jpg

Asher Ben Harper Signature Model Limited Edition I Lap Steel - Celebrity owned

Here is an early Asher Lap Steel. A first series Ben Harper Signature Model Limited Edition I #67 of 70 made. It is rare in general, but it has optional features / specifications that increase it's rarity and it was celebrity owned. Therefore it is unique. I'm the 2nd owner and I purchased it from Kiefer Sutherland's personal studio / collection. He originally commissioned Bill Asher to build this to provide a specific sound in his collection that only these can provide. It wasn't played much if at all, therefore the condition is remarkable. It comes with the Original Hardshell Case and a certificate of authenticity signed by Bill Asher. No issues to mention. It sounds amazing and plays very well.

• Hawaiian Flamed Koa top
  • Curly Maple Binding
  • African mahogany neck through body construction
  • Graphite inlayed neck and tone chambered body
  • 25" Scale, Flamed Maple bridge / brass saddle
  • Asher S-1 pickups, Volume, and 3-way pickup selector
  • Natural gloss finish
https://reverb.com/item/10147765-as...l-limited-edition-i-lap-steel-celebrity-owned

I've always wanted to try out lap steel... what better way than a guitar that keifer sutherland owned

Have played lap steel on and off now for 20 years, always loved that model, but can never justify the price. IIRC, the Asher pickups from that time period were wound by Tom Anderson.

It's pretty cool, but $3500 is waaaayyyy to much $$$ for me. Maybe if I had Kiefer Sutherland coin, I'd get it.

Back