hwnssidsyx30wdridbce.jpg

tqdwgzcoliyx5ttvd5td.jpg

cnd1jvam8djcllhui4a1.jpg

ielslq2hq6wbllltm09k.jpg

plos7hlrofvvnhqys4nd.jpg

d6nu8pfboqpkd1qs0ann.jpg

r1gdhnhguqsywgfgggrx.jpg

Schecter Ultra Elite AN Prototype

This is a Schecter Prototype, they are made by the factory and sent over to Schecter for approval prior to making the production models in bulk. Most of the time the specs are the same as the production model but sometimes the earlier prototypes can be a bit different. Some prototypes never make it into production models.

Some are taken to industry trade shows like NAMM to be put on display, some are played and tested at Schecter to evaluate moving forward with the new model or not. They all get stamped on the back of the headstock with "PROTO" and all play like new guitars but have no warranty.

blargh! :zoinks:

Is this an attempt to revive the late-70's Japanese neck-through guitar/bass look (Ibanez, Yamaha, Aria, etc. . .)?

If they all get stamped with "PROTO" on the back of the headstock, why I don't I see"PROTO" on the back of the headstock?

I would hit that thing so hard! I love it. But why do you need locking tuners on a guitar with a fixed bridge?

Nah, not really my cup 'o tea - unless they made it in a 7-string, since it would make a nice change of pace from your typical ho-hum 7-string super-strat (despite all my nickel allergy hassles, I wouldn't mind having another 7-string). Schecter makes nice 7-string guitars.

I agree with Deep Eddy, except I'd say it actually calls to mind more the Alembic or Doug Irwin guitars (think Jerry Garcia) of that era. For some reason, I don't hate it, which has me scratching my head...

I would hit that thing so hard! I love it. But why do you need locking tuners on a guitar with a fixed bridge?

Because locking tuners are about eliminating string wraps and making string changes more efficient. Bridge style has nothing to do with it.

It's funny when I see the word Schecter the first thing that comes to mind is modified strat.

Well regarding this guitar - Meh...

Back