uamzvlfudkcknnf5wewl.jpg

ksthnisfdcf8zf729pnd.jpg

e5ilcct4sffitenqzfux.jpg

yishfzlvmpwvbvqwvxts.jpg

jm4txvjr7gzivful0r0a.jpg

chkflapf5gu5xjx3u8wj.jpg

St. Blues Eliminator II 1985

FROM MY STAGE SHOW COLLECTION:

In my collection I own several “one of a kind stage show” guitars. These are pieces that have been modified and refinished to my specifications for use onstage. Certainly an advantage of owning many guitars, and having some of the best luthiers and finishers in the world conveniently located nearby, is that I can grab a guitar that I like to play-but is a bit dull and ordinary in appearance and sound-get in the car and deliver it one of my local shops and have it transmuted within a few short days into “showtime headliner”. But now I have just too many to choose from so the solution is to sell some off and reduce my mind clutter. So please keep looking at my future listings to see more of these really cool guitars.

“THE BLUES IN PURPLE”

Transmutation of a:

ST. BLUES ELIMINATOR II

Built by:

Strings and Things Guitars

MEMPHIS, TN.

Late 1984.

SN: 01249

The heart of this guitar:

-Bridge Pickup is HUMBUCKER split/4 conductor.

-Neck Pickup is SINGLE COIL/tapped.

(Note: Pickups are DiMarzio)

-Body is two piece ALDER.

-Fretboard is ROSEWOOD.

-Neck is MAPLE.

-3 Position Toggle Switch.

-Master Volume & Tone Controls. (these are push/pull to activate tapping and splitting)

-KAHLER Locking Tremolo system. Fully operational.

The character of this guitar:

This is a “player” guitar with great feel and extraordinary sound options. It can be loud.

The attitude of this guitar:

Look at the incredible “PURPLE SPARKLE” finish on this guitar by the legendary “STIKE”. It is dazzling. The photos are useless in their attempt to catch the depth and beauty of this guitar. It is simply one of the most beautiful guitars I own. When the spotlight hits this finish, the audience steps back. It is that dramatic and blows away all of the strats and teles you see everywhere. And a sure way to get you more gigs because folks will remember seeing this guitar.

Case: This guitar does not have an original case but it will be delivered in a generic case or gig bag.

Contact: Please email me through ebay if you have any questions.

Shipping: FREE SHIPPING TO BUYER in the US by USPS. Shipment outside the US will be by USPS at actual cost. Please contact me for shipping quote before you bid.

Satisfaction guaranteed.

Contact me directly if the guitar arrives damaged.

Please look at my other listings for more of these rare, and becoming rarer, great guitars.

ABOUT THE BUILDER:

S&T Custom Workshop Guitars, a/k/a

St. Blues Guitars

Their history:

The roots of Saint Blues started growing in the late 1960's, when Led Zeppelin's tour brought them to Memphis. Jimmy Page walked into Mike Ladd's guitar shop, known for some of the best customization work in the country, and asked Mike Ladd and Tom Keckler to overhaul one of his guitars. When Page saw Keckler's work he asked if Tom would refurbish all of his instruments. Many other entertainers followed over the years. The shop, located across the street from Graceland, ended up building a special guitar for Elvis that was a birthday present from his dad. This one-of-a-kind guitar can be seen being played by Elvis in his "Elvis, Live in Hawaii" video. Keckler moved his repair and custom shop to Strings & Things, the legendary Memphis music store founded by Charles Lawing. In 1978, Tom left Memphis to hook up with Tom Anderson and David Schecter to launch Schecter Guitar Research in Van Nuys. In 1983 he moved back to Memphis and rejoined Charlie to build custom guitars for Strings and Things. These first generation guitars were called S & T Custom Workshop Guitars and dealers were wild for the guitars but not for the name. The name was changed to Saint Blues and the brand was born. The first original prototype design for Saint Blues was the Bluesmaster. It’s unique shape, vintage appearance and playability created a lot of interest from players and led to its first production in 1985. The list of people who played that Bluesmaster is impressive, and includes Bono on the Rattle and Hum album, Elliot Easton of the Cars, Eric Clapton, Marshall Crenshaw, Joe Walsh, Jeff Carlisi of .38 Special, Buck Dharma of Blue Oyster Cult, Scott Page (Pink Floyd, Toto), Billy Squire, Martin Briley, Elvin Bishop, Joe Walsh and Glenn Grey of the Eagles, Dave Edmunds, Albert King, Billy Gibbons of ZZ Top, The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and many more. While the guitars were a critical success, the business was continually hampered by lack of capital. By 1989, with the dollar at an historic low against the Yen, Saint Blues was priced out of the market. Without the capital to keep going, they stopped production later that year. Interest in the line has never wavered, with sales of vintage St. Blues models on eBay going for record prices.

1983 called S & T Custom Workshop Guitars

1983/84 name changed to St. Blues

1985 Bluesmaster introduced.

1989 Closed. 2500 Guitars built.

PRESENT: Guitars now being built in Memphis again.

St Blues made some really nice guitars.

That is not one of them.

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
---------^-----------------
Like-O-Meter

Reactions: Tig
#fuqakahler

Don't be a big baby. My (quite rare) Gibson Q-4000 had a Kaher and it worked fine. It was also a lot easier to string than my Floyd equipped Peavey Generation was.

As for this guitar - nah, I've never been a big fan of St. Blues guitars, and it's another (to me) boring super-strat.

Back