Mediocringly Derivative
uux119zxcvyq4jicdbwq.jpg

v5wanzue3xq9nm69wwk6.jpg

uiewocc8irdwmmvgpxkk.jpg

rjlys0w5dc8cqompxgmy.jpg

zqwwydbggce3g4nbclcj.jpg

Pierre Marc Martelli Classique Nylon 2016 Natural

2016, concert classical guitar.

Solid Sitka Spruce top, indian rosewood back and sides, rosewood + BwBw bindings, spanish cedar neck with flamed maple/ebony inserts and two carbon rods reinforcements under fingerboard. Gabon ebony fingerboard with mop dots, rosewood bridge, bone saddle and nut. Nitrocellulose finish with floral mate/glossy motives on the top.
Scale lenght is 660mm, dimension at nut is 52 mm and 62 mm at 12th fret.
Schertler tuners (individual) with ebony button.

The guitar has several openings :
one is located at the upper large lobe at neck attachment, and provide feedback to the player. This opening can be muted by a provided part.
Two more traditional "rosette" openings along the fingerboard ending. The action is average (3,5 mm at 12th fret on low E, 3 mm at high E) and would be set at your preference, as well as the strings choice.
There are a few barely visible playing marks but they are so thin I can't photograph it…
The guitar comes with quality light fiberglass case.
This guitar has an original string mounting system from inside the box.
The guitar is very well balanced and will be very appropriate to traditional or modern repertoire.
The instrument is purely acoustic, but an inside pickup (LR Baggs) could be fitted on request.

https://reverb.com/item/7171255-pierre-marc-martelli-classique-nylon-2016-natural

There seems to be a major finish flaw on the player's side of the waist that looks to me like the lacquer is lifting from the wood. Unacceptable at that price. Otherwise, it's horrible.

I would. And I believe I would do it justice. If I can pull this off in three days time for a funeral this Saturday then yes.

Reactions: DFB
I'm sure it's the work of a true craftsman and probably plays and sounds awesome, but it's fugly.

Back