GPOTD 10.10.2016

mystixboi1

Kick Henry Jackassowski
211201S160600047-body-large.jpg

211201S160600047-front-large.jpg

Fanned Frets for a Beefier Sound
The Ibanez Artwood Fanned Fret acoustic has a big low end and unique look that are sure to turn heads every time you pull it out of its case. The fanned-fret system gives lower strings a longer scale length for a rounder bottom with familiar Ibanez playability. Classic tonewoods with an onboard Fishman pickup give the Artwood a warm sound with a reliable direct tone for the stage and studio. A natural finish with a one-piece bridge and offset saddle, full black body binding, and an abalone soundhole rosette give this guitar plenty of visual pop for an intermediate price.

Ibanez Artwood AEL Fanned Fret Acoustic-electric Guitar at a Glance:
Fanned Frets for a unique look and big bottom
Classic Ibanez tonewoods for a familiar response
Natural-sounding Fishman electronics with onboard tuner and balanced outs
Fanned Frets for a unique look and big bottom
Fanned frets give each string on the AELFF10 acoustic a different scale length: 25" for the 1st and 26.8" for the 6th. This gives the AELFF10 a deep-reaching low end without sacrificing playability. Which doesn't even take into account that, aesthetically, it looks cool. Make your audience sit up and notice every time you plug in.

Classic Ibanez tonewoods for a familiar response
The Artwood AEL's Sitka spruce top has good projection and articulation for live use. Its rosewood back and sides help to warm the sound and emanate it 360 degrees around the instrument for an enjoyable listening experience for both the player and the listener. Premium appointments include a visually striking abalone soundhole rosette, full black body binding, and a wood bridge with a unique offset saddle.

Natural-sounding Fishman electronics with onboard tuner and balanced outs
A long-lasting Fishman Sonicore pickup with independent treble and bass controls gives this Artwood 12-string a natural DI tone for live shows and recording applications. Soundchecking with the Artwood is a breeze: dual balanced outputs (XLR and 1/4") provide low-noise connections between your guitar and a DI box, an acoustic amp, or straight into the PA. And staying in tune between songs - crucial to the 12-string sound - is discreet and easy thanks to an onboard LED chromatic tuner.

Ibanez Artwood AEL Fanned Fret Acoustic-electric Guitar Features:
Fanned frets give lower strings a longer scale for a beefy low end
Upper-string frets are more compact for lead playing
AEL body is comfortable to play
Sitka spruce top for articulation and projection
Rosewood sides/back for a warm sound with 360-degree dispersion
Venetian cutaway provides access to higher frets
Fishman Sonicore pickup lasts 100 hours between battery changes
AEQ-SP2 preamp with independent bass, treble, and volume lets you dial in your DI tone from the stage
Onboard LED chromatic tuner keeps you in tune, even in the dark
Bone nut and saddle enhance sustain
Get a bigger bottom end with the Ibanez Artwood AEL Fanned Fret acoustic-electric guitar !

Tech Specs
Series AEL
String Type Steel
Number of Strings 6
Body Shape Dreadnought
Body Style Single-cutaway
Left-/Right-handed Right-handed
Color Natural
Finish Gloss
Top Wood Spruce
Back & Sides Wood Rosewood
Neck Wood Mahogany
Radius 15.75"
Fingerboard Material Rosewood
Number of Frets 21
Scale Length 25"-26.7"
Tuning Machines Grover Chrome die-cast tuners
Bridge Material Custom Rosewood bridge
Nut/Saddle Material Bone/Compensated bone saddle
Nut Width 1.692"
Body Length 20"
Body Width 16"
Body Depth 4.25"
Electronics AEQ-SP2 preamp with Fishman Sonicore pickup
Strings D'addario EXP16 Light (12-53)
Manufacturer Part Number AELFF10NT

Here's the Sweetwater link:
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AELFF10NT

On the one hand: no.

On the other hand: for those that want to try a FF guitar, the price ain't bad.

Mmmmaybe. I've never played a fanned fret guitar, though I do find the concept very intriguing. I'd have to play it first, to find out how playable it is for me (fanned fret guitars seem to play best when you play with the neck angled up, and I really don't tilt the neck up much, when I play).

Probably not. I love fanned frets, but my experience says you really need to spend quite a bit more for a good fanned fret acoustic.

First glance, no.

Second glance at the price, I'd try it out as at least if I got the fanned fret bug this is relatively cheap.

Back