GPOTD 07.19.13

Took me a while to make up my mind. The first view of it is rather shocking. But seeing it lying in the case makes it look really cool. I Love Gretches and have a 5120 with TV jones pick-ups which make it roar. Soooo After going back and forth on this a bit the final decision for me is I MUST HAVE IT!

I love this. I own an orange 5120, and thought about having it pinstriped, but I changed my mind and left it alone. This however, I would rock the shit out of.

I normally love Gretsches, but this particular one is fugly for a couple of reasons:
  • The fretboard looks more like balsa wood than redwood -- I've never seen an uglier one
  • The colors chosen for the pinstriping are garish and hideous
  • The pinstriping is excessive and ends up just looking messy to me
  • I just don't like black for Gretsches -- prefer any other color they come in, but when they're black, they just look huge and gross.

Last edited by a moderator:
I saw one in red with the pinstriping in yellow. I didn't care for that one, but this one I like a lot, and I usually don't like black because the finish shows every single finger print and smudge.

Awful, unlawfully awful.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Its that tribal style. I, too, prefer the old school on a gretsch. Save this for the bc rich.

You're right, it kinda do have a "tribal" flair to it. And that's what pinstriping is to the world now. I prefer more simple accent lines, such as

trussartpinstripe.jpg

295Strat.JPG

Attachments

• trussart-deluxe-steelcaster-pinstripe.jpg
    trussart-deluxe-steelcaster-pinstripe.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I dig it but at the same time, I'd never do it the rockabilly justice it deserves. Now the pinstriped Tele posted is another story.

Back