xfbrpsbfyzfuvjyzwxwg.jpg

pu4mqt0fxfvbhwgwnerg.jpg

obixlbvjpcaynpqmqbmh.jpg

wa5zxil4o1youdmrzcw0.jpg

luvmsivwta8i2cdpp9rw.jpg

g9o2vj1eleiabecef9fb.jpg

q2l6tpohulbpp61bbhhc.jpg

Lowden F-35 Fan Fret

This is a stunning pre-owned Lowden F-35 based on the wood combination used on the Lowden F Richard Thompson signature model. The Ziricote and Cedar are one of the most impressive wood combinations available from Lowden, and one of the most popular.

Featuring stunningly grained AAAAA Ziricote back and sides and perfectly grained AAAAA Cedar on top.

• Model - F35
  • Top - Cedar
  • Back & Sides - Ziricote
  • Bridge - Ebony
  • Tuners - Gotoh 510
  • Finish - Lowden Special Lacquer
  • Lower Bout - 398mm (15" 2/3)
  • Binding - Maple Flamed
  • Neck - Mahogany 5 piece
  • Fingerboard - Ebony
  • String Spacing - 57mm (2 1/4)
  • Scale Length - 635mm - 680mm
  • Nut Width 1 3/4
  • Neck Shape - C

I have no experience with a fan fret guitar, so I would to say it's beautiful, and would to give a try, but that'should all i've got.

Nice!

There are elements of that that could have been "too much", but they are not in my opinion.
When you look closely, you notice them, but when step back, it all just works.

The rosette. The binding. The stripes on the neck. The grain on the back. The colour of the bridge. The size and finish of the bevel cut. They all work well together.
I didn't even notice the fan frets until the closeup. My eye was drawn to the other parts of the guitar.

Wow, that is lovely. I'm not crazy about the bridge wood base shape, but I could live with it for everything else going on with the guitar.

I'm not sure I would want fanned frets. Give it to me with normal frets and yes.

I'm not a fan fret person....

Aside from that - wow! Even with the funky fret job - Would! I'm a huge Lowden fan and that wood combo is pure sex....

0-1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10
------------------------^--
Like-O-Meter

I think a lot of people are intimidated by fanned frets until they actually sit down to try them. Unless you spend all your time staring at the fretboard you won't even notice after a few minutes. :shrug:

I'd give it a go. Never tried fanned frets, but I couldn't possibly play worse on it than I do any other guitar.

I think a lot of people are intimidated by fanned frets until they actually sit down to try them. Unless you spend all your time staring at the fretboard you won't even notice after a few minutes. :shrug:

Tell you what - you arrange for someone to give me this Lowden and I'll become a fanned fret fanboy... :wink:

Back